Cochrane Scholars Program
2015 Cochrane Colloquium
Systematic Review Training
October 3-7, 2015
The AAO-HNS/F leadership and SAGE, publisher of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, have identified a need to train otolaryngologists in the conduct and publication of systematic literature reviews. Systematic reviews have a high citation impact, and serve as the foundation for evidence-based practice guidelines, clinical performance measures, and maintenance of specialty certification.
Four travel grants of up to $2,500 will be offered to attend the 2015 Cochrane Colloquium in Vienna, Austria, October 3-7, 2015. The Colloquium features a full scientific program and nearly 60 training and discussion workshops related to systematic review. In return for a travel grant to attend the meeting, grant recipients must agree to initiate and submit a systematic review to Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery for publication consideration within 12 months (by October 7, 2016).
Attendees will be introduced to the Cochrane Collaboration, the world leader in evidence summaries of healthcare interventions, and will learn state-of-the-art techniques for producing systematic reviews and meta-analyses.*
*Cochrane Scholar Application Requirements:
- Applicants must be members of the AAO-HNS
- Residents are not eligible to apply
- Previous G-I-N or Cochrane Scholar recipients may apply if three years have passed and all of their prior obligations were met
Applicants must submit the following information in a Word attachment a part of the application:
- An up-to-date list of your peer-reviewed publications
- What prior experience do you have with systematic reviews?
- What prior experience do you have with statistics and evidence-based medicine?
- Why are you interested in attending the Cochrane meeting? (be specific, please)
- What subject areas or topics are you interested in reviewing if awarded a travel grant?
The Cochrane Scholar application submission process is paperless. All application submissions must be submitted electronically.
September 16, 2014: Application submission opens
January 1, 2015: Deadline for applications
February 1, 2015: Applicants are notified of selection
Please contact Lorraine Nnacheta at email@example.com.
2014 Oxford, UK
2013 Quebec City, Canada
2012 Auckland, New Zealand
2011 Madrid, Spain
2010 Keystone, Colorado
2009 Freiburg, Germany - No Grantees
2007 Sao Paulo, Brazil - No Grantees
2006 Dublin, Ireland