The American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery Foundation (AAO-HNSF) is the national medical specialty association representing physicians worldwide who specialize in the care and medical and surgical treatment of health problems relating to the ear, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck.
Our office is conveniently located across from the King Street Metro station in historic Old Town Alexandria, VA. We are easy to reach and central to numerous hotels and restaurants. The building itself features a modern glass interior, ample meeting space, an auditorium equipped for multimedia presentations, and a fifth floor terrace with views of the Masonic Temple.
We take pride in our excellent benefits package offered to eligible employees, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also provide short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) retirement plan, credit union membership, five weeks of PTO, and nine holidays, compressed work schedules and flexible scheduling. We offer a business casual dress environment and many additional employment benefits. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources
We currently have the following openings.
Executive Vice President and CEO
The AAO-HNS/F seeks an accomplished and visionary leader to become the next Executive Vice President and CEO. This individual will succeed David R. Nielsen, MD, whose leadership has positioned the AAO-HNS/F for continued future success. Partnering with engaged Boards of Directors, an active membership, and a seasoned staff, the next EVP/CEO will lead the effort to continually optimize AAO-HNS/F strengths by providing member services and programs that advance the specialty. Specifically, the EVP/CEO will:
· Provide the vision, leadership, and effective association management necessary for the AAO-HNS/F to achieve its mission.
· Champion membership development and sustainability and continue to ensure opportunities for meaningful membership engagement.
· Ensure effective oversight of initiatives in such key areas as: health policy and the business of medicine, licensure and certification, research and quality improvement, education and lifelong learning, and legislative and political advocacy.
· Advance the publications and educational programs for the specialty, which include the leading scientific publication of evidence-based guidelines, and the largest most comprehensive annual meeting in Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery.
· Serve as spokesperson for the AAO-HNS/F in conjunction with its elected officers and represent the organization as a delegate to affiliated institutions.
· Reinforce the AAO-HNS/F's position as the leading voice for the specialty and work in conjunction with other stakeholder organizations both nationally and internationally.
The EVP/CEO of AAO-HNS/F is positioned to make an enduring contribution to the future of the specialty. A fully qualified candidate is an AAO-HNS/F physician member passionate about the mission. He/she will have demonstrated management skills requisite to lead a premier medical society to include exceptional communication skills, a strong track record of operational management, and the ability to influence at all levels, both internal and external to the organization. Relocation required.
AA0-HNS/F has retained Strategic Performance Group and Cabot Consultants to conduct the EVP/CEO executive search. Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to Craig Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2014. Confidential recommendations of potential candidates are also welcome and encouraged.
Receive many benefits to help you in your professional pursuits: shape the future of the specialty, manage the business side of your practice more smoothly, and more.