WIO Section Committees
- Identifying women otolaryngologists who deserve recognition for their accomplishments.
- Identifying and recognizing the efforts of individuals who work to promote the efforts of WIO.
- Identifying and implementing new ways in which to recognize outstanding women in AAO-HNS.
- The section established the Helen F. Krause, MD Trailblazer Award to recognize an individual who through scholarship, advocacy, leadership and/or mentorship has furthered the interests of women in the field of otolaryngology.
- Developing communications to inform AAO-HNS members of WIO activities and initiatives.
- Ensuring that relevant items of interest are submitted to relevant AAO-HNS publications.
- Per the AAO-HNSF Women in Otolaryngology Endowment Fund Charter, responsible for developing, overseeing, and implementing fundraising strategies and programs to maintain and increase the Endowment.
Leadership Development and Mentorship
- Actively works towards establishing and maintaining a meaningful and effective mentorship program for women in the AAO-HNS.
- Identifying and implementing ways in which we can best provide leadership skills training, experience, and opportunities for the ongoing development of outstanding new women otolaryngologist leaders, both at AAO-HNS and in the medical profession at large.
- Developing, proposing, and delivering high quality programming with broad appeal for the annual meeting.
- In conjunction with the GC, planning and conducting the annual WIO luncheon and Section meeting.
Research and Survey
- Ongoing evaluation, monitoring, and reporting of priorities and issues identified as important by women AAO-HNS members.
- Doing more to study the status of women otolaryngologists.
For more information, contact WIO staff at firstname.lastname@example.org