The Application Developer reports to the Senior Director, Information Technology.
- Act as the primary technical resource for assigned development and integration projects
- Participate in regular software maintenance and periodic system reviews.
- Ensure that all project and subsequent system documentation is completed and maintained for developed solutions per recognized Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or other best practices.
- Work collaboratively with other IT personnel to ensure that the presentation layer, logic layer, and database layer for all delivered solutions are well architected, developed, and documented.
- Document all project requests and requirements, including functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Assist in maintaining and troubleshooting of all existing websites, applications, and integrations.
- Keep skill levels up-to-date with latest coding trends, project management skills, and software development practices.
- Research, recommend, and implement new technologies where appropriate to provide end-user solutions.
- Develop web pages and custom elements for the websites and the content management system tool.
- Read technical journals and/or manuals, attend vendor seminars and appropriate professional development workshops to learn about emerging technologies particularly ones related to web/mobile development and learning interactives.
- Document all projects from start to finish using entity relationship diagrams, use cases, workflow diagrams, and pseudo code; as appropriate for the effort.
- Assist in developing mobile and web applications for multiplatform mobile/tablet devices.
- Utilize Agile and SDLC methodologies when developing software and web applications.
- Develop web forms that interact with a SQL database.
- Develop web-based user interfaces for websites, and portals.
- Integrate open source and third-party applications into user solutions.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative and helpful behavior to all contacts and stakeholders; internal and external.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Posted April 2018
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF, 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources