Clinical Practice Guideline: Tympanostomy Tubes in Children
Leadership: Richard M. Rosenfeld, MD, MPH (Chair); Melissa A. Pynnonen, MD, MSc (Assistant Chair); David E. Tunkel, MD (Assistant Chair); Seth R. Schwartz, MD, MPH (Methodologist)
Guideline Development Group: Jeffrey S. Fichera, PA-C; Alison M. Grimes, AuD; Jesse M. Hackell, MD, FAAP; Melody F .Harrison, PhD; Helen Haskell, MA; David S. Haynes, MD, FACS; Tae W. Kim, MD; Denis C. Lafreniere, MD; Katie LeBlanc, MTS, MA; Wendy L. Mackey, APRN, BC; James L. Netterville, MD; Mary E. Pipan, MD; Nikhila P. Raol, MD; Kenneth G. Schellhase, MD, MPH
The guideline was published as a supplement in the July 2013 issue of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery.
The purpose of this clinical practice guideline is to provide clinicians with evidence-based recommendations on patient selection and surgical indications for and management of tympanostomy tubes in children. This guideline is intended for any clinician involved in managing children, aged 6 months to 12 years, with tympanostomy tubes or children being considered for tympanostomy tubes in any care setting as an intervention for otitis media of any type.
- Published Guideline
- Executive Summary
- Guideline 15-Minute Recording
- Slide set available: contact Sarah O'Connor email@example.com for more information
- Education Opportunities
- AAO-HNSF Continuing Medical Education (CME) visit www.academyu.org (Academy login required)
- AcademyQ CME: Pediatric Otolaryngology Unit 2
- Tympanostomy Tubes: AAO-HNSF Clinical Practice Guideline Lecture
- Medial Vs. Lateral Graft
- ABOto Maintenance of Certification (MOC) visit www.aboto.org (ABOto login required)
- None currently available
- Research Gaps
- Poster Files
- View/Order Guideline Pocket Card and Mobile App
- Patient Leaflet
- Decision aids to help people who are facing health treatment or screening
- Ear Tubes Education Sheets
For Media & Public
Access the guidelines via the National Guidelines Clearinghouse.