New Location Added: Cincinnati, OH
Enhance the business side of your clinical practice by attending the regional workshops conducted by Karen Zupko & Associates. The course sessions, two options on Friday and one on Saturday, are designed to help you with your business and administration skills, ICD-10, and ensure you are coding correctly.
Who should attend these courses:
- Surgeons in Private Practice, employed by a Health System or in Academics
- Administrators, managers and supervisors, and
- Certified coders and business office staff.
TEAM ATTENDANCE provides the most value because everyone on the team hears and sees what needs to change in the office process, in the coding assumptions and their role in making it happen. Split team attendance for the Friday courses strengthens the team knowledge.
Friday Option 1: Kicking Revenue into High Gear
- Develop strategies and tactics to use in improving charge capture, accurate code selection, denial management and out of network collections.
- Create and monitor a visual, revenue-focused ICD-10 transition plan.
- Lessen the financial impact of denials through analysis, prevention and appeals.
- Improve point of service collections from patients by at least 10%
- Optimize use of modern payment technologies.
- Sell the benefits of your patient portal, reducing overhead
- Leave with training tools and methods to improve staff skills in collecting.
Friday Option 2: ICD-10 Coding
- Use relevant ICD-10 chapters and codes as they relate to ENT
- Identify and address documentation deficiencies.
- Map current ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes.
Everyone in the practice will need to know the mechanics behind coding for ICD-10 and how to maneuver your business through the changes for a smooth transition. Now is the time to start planning to prepare the staff to minimize the negative impact to the organization.
Mastering ENT Coding
- Master an understanding of Relative Value Units and how carriers use them for reimbursement.
- Code correctly using modifier 50 to optimize payment for commonly performed bilateral procedures.
- Code correctly for office endoscopy procedures.
- Accurately use the revised cerumen removal CPT code.
- Bill using the correct provider number for audiology services to Medicare.
- Increase awareness of when it is appropriate to bill both an E&M code and a minor procedure on the same day.
- Improve the ability to choose E/M levels of service and code categories
The Friday ICD-10 Coding workshop and the Saturday Mastering ENT Coding workshop are approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for physicians.
Workshop Dates and Locations 2014
Hilton Dallas Southlake Town Square
Las Vegas, NV
Encore Las Vegas
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel
Cincinnati Marriott RiverCenter
*This workshop will be ICD-10 for Friday and CPT Coding on Saturday. No Revenue Cycle Course on Friday for this location.
The Hyatt Chicago Mag Mile