The Corporate Development Strategist reports to the Executive Vice President/CEO.
Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience in revenue-generating business, sales, development, or related field required, with a minimum of 10-15 years’ experience with corporate and foundation relations program management and fundraising. Experience with customer relations management and business development desirable. Candidate should possess a strong portfolio of prospects that will result in or leverage to build an annual revenue of $1M to $2M.
In addition, the candidate should be motivated, energetic, and team-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit with working knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system, particularly regulations governing fundraising from industry, the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, non-medical corporations, and the physician and hospital practice environment. Also, a strong working knowledge on business development tactics to support the association/foundation’s products portfolio. Experience in successfully working with all potential constituencies – physician volunteers, employees, corporations, charitable foundations, and the non-profit community. Excellent oral and written communication skills required, demonstrated through exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong strategic relationships with internal customers, outside organizations, and other associations/foundations to further the American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery and Foundation’s (AAO-HNS/F) mission and strategic goals.
Strong organizational and management skills demonstrated through the ability to balance attention to detail with big-picture perspective, manage priorities to follow through on multiple projects, and identify resources in a dynamic environment. Budgetary experience preferred. Working knowledge of PC-based applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, with knowledge of or ability to learn Web software, HTML, and iMIS membership database. Estimated required travel approximately 15-20 percent.
- Under the direction of the EVP/CEO, lead the overall business development program and communication effort for support and sponsorship of the organization’s product portfolio, which includes the Patient Education programs, Online and In-person Physician Education programs, and the Clinical Data Registry, Reg-ent.
- Work with the EVP/CEO and Sr. Directors to develop and meet revenue goals for programs and projects, in addition to planning, setting, and monitoring the goals aimed at institutional priorities.
- Execute outreach strategies with prospecting new businesses utilizing all available channels, including in-person meetings, social media, telephone conferences, email, and events.
- Responsible for corporate account management and coordination of integrated plans for corporate presentations, promotions, sales visits, and sales calls.
- Collaborate with other AAO-HNS/F staff and volunteer physician leaders to determine funding priorities that align with strategic priorities.
- Responsible for establishing a strategic framework for capitalizing on identified opportunities across the industry and approaching new prospects.
- Build and maintain a database of corporate supporters and prospects.
- Manage all aspects of AAO-HNS/F corporate marketing strategy for non-medical industry companies, including strategy, sales, and servicing and participate in the marketing for medical industry corporate supporters.
- Establish and solicit increased strategic philanthropy from corporate and foundations for AAO-HNS/F Patient Education programs, Online and In-Person Physician Education programs, and the Clinical Data Registry, Reg-ent.
- Develop strategies and relationships to grow medical grants and non-medical corporate organizations’ funding to $1M to $2M.
- Responsible for expanding and stewarding corporate relationships with current corporate and foundation partners and assisting in diversifying our funding sources.
- Target prospects with relevant content and prompt communication.
- Manage budgets for corporate fundraising for Patient Education programs, Online Physician and In-person Education programs, and Reg-ent.
- In conjunction with the EVP/CEO and Sr. Directors, develop and manage a balanced budget for corporate funding programs, projects, and revenue.
- Ensure all corporate relations revenue budgets are met within the designated FY.
- Responsible for sponsor contract process, including issuing invoices, tracking payment, and maintaining records.
- Represent AAO-HNS/F at all pertinent professional organizations and meetings.
- Update program materials with pertinent information (brochures, forms, website).
- Provide regular and transparent communications to internal and external audiences regarding development efforts.
- Ensure proper acknowledgement and recognition for all corporate gifts and grants.
- Coordinate implementation of partner and corporate supporter marketing and benefit fulfillment.
- Establish and maintain processes and systems in accordance with the AAO-HNS/F requirements and industry best practices to ensure consistency, efficiency, and professionalism in corporate development.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
- May participate on additional internal teams, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Posted October 2017
If interested, we encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail: AAO-HNSF 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources