The Director for Research, and Quality- Performance Measurement and Guidelines reports to the Senior Director, Research, Quality & Health Policy Business Unit.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Master’s degree preferred. At least 5 years experience in a management position is required Should possess education and experience in and quality, data management, statistical analysis and research methodology, commensurate with the responsibilities of the position. Resourcefulness, self-starting, excellent organizational, analytical and PC skills required. Must be proficient in higher-level desktop and internet software functions. Requires strong leadership and managerial expertise, excellent oral and written communication skills, superior interpersonal skills and ability to work within cross-functional teams. Creativity, enthusiasm and a team focus, coupled with autonomy and self-confidence necessary. Attention to detail and follow-through essential. Needs demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully multi-task competing priorities. Working knowledge of scientific, medical, and/or coding terminology a plus. Some travel required.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Research, Quality and Health Policy, develop, oversee and ensure the successful implementation of a nationally recognized quality and performance measurement program for the AAO-HNSF. As recommended by committees and directed by the Reg-ent Executive Committee and Board of Directors, develop programs and strategies for the development and implementation of quality performance measures for the clinical data registry Reg-ent, and quality knowledge products including clinical practice guidelines and clinical consensus statements and provides oversight to the Foundation’s research grants administration program, CORE.
Under the direction of the Senior Director and in collaboration with the Director, Reg-ent Registry develop the strategic plan for quality measures.
- Develops and implements the AAO-HNS performance measure development process . Work with oversight of the Reg-ent Executive Committee and the Senior Director and in collaboration with Director, Reg-ent Registry, to develop and implement a plan for prioritization of measures topics.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of federal legislative and regulatory requirements addressing registries and quality measurement.
Work with Senior Manager(s) to:
- Develop the Reg-ent data dictionary
- Develop new measures for Reg-ent
- Oversee the submission of measures to CMS as required.
- Develop and implement strategy for publishing measures
- Work with Senior Director and Senior Manager(s) to develop strategic plan for CPGs/CCSs:
- Monitor and assess the AAO-HNSF guideline development process to ensure we are meeting the most current standards (IOM, G-I-N, NGC, CMSS, etc.)
- Oversees the Senior Manager on updating and republishing of CPG Development manual
- Oversees the Senior Manager on dissemination and implementation plans for CPGs
- Provide oversight to Sr. Manager to administer CORE grant program
- Maintain Proposal Central contract including updates and training on software
- Working with Sr. Manager to maintain and enhance the program:
- recruit new organizations
- ensure ongoing communications with sub-specialty societies including oversight for the CORE Advisory Group
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to staff; including hiring, training, performance management and professional development opportunities
- Ensure timely and quality completion of all program deliverables. Maintain “state of the art” knowledge on research methodologies in health services research; promote the specialty of otolaryngology – head and neck surgery to the public and other professionals
- Represent the Research and Quality Business Unit on Cross-functional team meetings as assigned
- Manages oversight of AAO-HNS outcomes tools
- Participate in logistics and planning for Annual Meeting and other research related events/meetings/calls as appropriate
- Write articles promoting quality including performance measures and clinical practice guidelines for publications such as the Bulletin
- Act as staff liaison for assigned committee(s)
- May participate on other internal teams, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis
- Consistently demonstrates courteous, cooperative and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the description of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing
If interested, we encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail: AAO-HNSF 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources