The AAO-HNSF offers a variety of grants and scholarships to aid and encourage those who further the mission of otolaryngology on an international scale.
International Guests of Honor
We are pleased to announce that the International Guests of Honor for the 2016 AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO EXPO℠ in San Diego, California, U.S.A are Brazil, India, Nicaragua and Singapore.
The AAO-HNSF International Symposium is a new Annual Meeting forum designed to showcase cutting-edge content, including Instruction Courses and Miniseminars, presented by international physicians. Click here to learn more.
Past Coordinator for International Affairs, Eugene N. Myers, MD, developed a unique program of International Corresponding Societies which affiliate with the Academy on a peer-to-peer level. ICS leaders meet informally with Academy leaders for discussions on issues of mutual interest. The Academy Board of Governors is proactively exploring ways to assist ICS participants with their socioeconomic issues such as managed care, reimbursement, and defending their scope of practice.
Starting with the Spanish Society of ORL-HNS in 1997, the number of societies has grown to 42:
- Africa - College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA)
- Americas - Interamerican Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngoogy (IAPO)
- Americas - Panamerican Association of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Arabian Gulf - Gulf Cooperation Council of Otorhinolaryngological, Head and Neck Society
- Argentina - Federation of Argentinean Societies of Otolaryngology (F.A.S.O.)
- Brazil - Brazilian Association of Otorhinolaryngology
- Brazil - Brazilian Society of Head and Neck
- Caribbean - Caribbean Association of Otolaryngology
- Chile - Chilean Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- China - Hong Kong College of Otorhinolaryngologists
- China-World - Chinese Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Colombia - Colombian Association of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck, Maxillofacial and Esthetic Facial Surgery
- Czech Republic - Czech Society of Otolaryngology--Head and Neck Surgery
- Dominican Republic - Dominican Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Ecuador - Ecuadorian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Egypt - Egyptian Society of Ear Nose and Throat and Allied Sciences (ESENTAS)
- Egypt - Egyptian Otorhinolaryngological Society
- El Salvador - El Salvador Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- France - French Society of Otorhinolaryngology
- Germany - German Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Greece - Panhellenic Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Honduras - Honduras Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Hungary - Hungarian Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Society
- India - Association of Otolaryngologists of India
- Iraq - Iraqi Kurdistan Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Iraq - Iraqi Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Israel - Israeli Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Japan - Japanese Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Jordan - Jordanian Society of Otorhinolaryngology
- Kenya - Kenya Ear Nose and Throat Society (KENTS)
- Lebanon - Lebanese Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology and Head and Neck
- Malaysia - Malaysian Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Mexico - Federation of Otolaryngological Colleges and Societies of the Mexican Republic (FESORMEX)
- Mexico - Mexican Society of Otorhinolaryngology--Head and Neck Surgery
- New Zealand - New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology
- Nicaragua - Nicaraguan Association of Otolaryngology
- Nigerian - Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Pakistan - Pakistani Society of Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck
- Panama - Panamanian Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Paraguay - Paraguayan Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Peru - Peruvian Society of Otolaryngology and Facial Surgery
- Philippines - Philippine Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Portugal - Portuguese Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Serbia - Serbian Society of Otorhinolaryngology
- Singapore - Singapore Society of Otorhinolaryngology
- Slovakia - Slovak Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- South Korea - Korean Society of Otolaryngology
- South Africa - South African Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Spain - Spanish Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Taiwan - Taiwan Society of Otolaryngology
- Turkey - Turkish Otorhinolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery Society
- Turkey - Turkish Voice, Speech, Swallowing Society
- Venezuela - Venezuelan Society of Otorhinolaryngology
- Vietnam - Vietnamese Society of Otolaryngology--Head and Neck Surgery
- Zimbabwe - Zimbabwean Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
To apply for International Corresponding Society (ICS) status, please contact the International Affairs Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation Board of Directors is seeking applicants to serve as Coordinator for International Affairs (must be an otolaryngologist and full U.S. Fellow member of the AAO-HNS/F). The Coordinator for International Affairs oversees implementation of the high-profile, important portfolio of AAO-HNSF’s global outreach and programs and ensures alignment with the strategic plan.
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate and implement AAO-HNSF strategic plan to promote AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO EXPOSM attendance, products, membership, and activities to non-U.S. otolaryngologists.
- Represent the AAO-HNSF at international meetings and coordinate AAO-HNSF participation in Joint Meetings with International Corresponding Societies.
- Serve as a liaison and advocate for non-U.S. stakeholders to the Board, members, and staff.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee of the AAO-HNSF International Advisory Board, the Foundation’s global governance body
- Coordinate global initiatives at the Annual Meeting & OTO EXPOSM such as the submissions review process and program development for the AAO-HNSF International Symposium.
- Supervise selection and administration of international awards and honors, e.g., the International Visiting Scholarships.
- Develop and grow relationships with national otolaryngology societies and thought leaders in other countries and territories.
If elected to this esteemed position by the Foundation Board, the Coordinator will serve a four-year term after a one-year coordinator-elect term. Please click here for a full job description and additional details. To apply, please submit a letter of motivation, an up-to-date CV, and three (3) letters of recommendation to email@example.com. Applications are due May 20.