What is Partners for Progress?
AAO-HNSF Partners for Progress is a group of physician practices who provide philanthropic support to the mission of AAO-HNSF.
Partners for Progress members provide leadership level philanthropy annually to the Academy and its Foundation to ensure vital programs are administered to:
- Inform patients and the public of the need to seek otolaryngologists’ care;
- Fund the research of promising young investigators;
- Disseminate specialty news and science;
- Develop practice management tools for today’s otolaryngology practices; and
- Represent otolaryngology in the federal and state legislative arenas, and the medical community.
What is the impact of Partners for Progress support?
The charitable support by Partners for Progress, combined with other contributions to the Foundation, help to make possible CORE Grants, research studies, Resident Leadership Grants, AcademyU®, educational activities, including annual meeting instruction courses; International Visiting Scholarships, Humanitarian Service Grants; and support for all aspects of mission-centric programs. Learn more.
This mission support comes at a critical time – the landscape of medicine is changing at a rapid pace. Partners for Progress support addresses critical issues, including a need for more:
- Evidence-based medicine, quality-based purchasing, patient safety, and error-reduction initiatives;
- Travel grants that enable future leaders of the specialty to participate in educational and leadership meetings;
- High-quality knowledge and education resources for otolaryngologists and their staff;
- Resources to react to global health issues that require ENT care; and
- Inexpensive, high-quality medical care and health literacy for poverty-stricken communities around the world.
Partners for Progress members recognize, that now, more than ever, a strong Academy plays a vital role in the otolaryngology community and in safeguarding the future of the specialty.
The AAO-HNSF is a 501 (c)(3) organization – tax ID 52-1219434 – so Partners for Progress support is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by current IRS regulations. Practices should consult with their tax advisors to discuss advantages associated with giving a charitable gift through their corporate entity.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Manager, Corporate Relations