I think we have not yet had otolaryngologists think, perhaps sufficiently, about what the potential is in terms of legacy giving. And, certainly the possibility to have someone remembered—have them remember the Academy, in their will—is something that I hope will happen increasingly over time.
David W. Kennedy, MD
AAO-HNS/F President, 2008/09
Planned Gifts – Gifts that Make a Difference to the Specialty’s Future
One key feature of planned giving is the ability to provide benefits to you as well as AAO-HNS foundation, as part of a sound overall financial plan. Planned giving provides you with a way to make a significant charitable gift and create a permanent legacy and ensure the future of the specialty for generations to come.
Planned-giving arrangements can:
- Reduce your taxable estate without any immediate expenditure. You can include bequest intentions in a will or a living trust or make AAO-HNS foundation a beneficiary of a life-insurance policy or a retirement-fund account.
- Provide you with an immediate income tax deduction as well as a lifetime stream of income at attractive rates. Such planned-giving options include charitable gift annuities, deferred gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
There are many ways to make a planned gift in support of AAO-HNS foundation, that can be either immediate gifts or long term gifts such as:
- Immediate Gifts:
- Appreciated stock
- Charitable trusts
- Real estate, including a residence, vacation home, or investment property
- A paid-up life insurance policy
- A tax-free transfer from an IRA
- Planned Gifts
- Bequest to AAO-HNS Foundation through a will or living trust
- Life income gifts, such as charitable gift annuities and charitable trusts
- Naming AAO-HNS Foundation as the owner/beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- IRA as a charitable bequest
For more information, please contact:
AAO-HNS foundation Development Department