For Onsite News Media
Members of the media who are employed by accredited news organizations attending the Annual Meeting & OTO Experience for the purpose of developing editorial news coverage are eligible for free press registration. To register, members of the media must submit media identification (formal press badge from their organization, official business card, or a letter of assignment).
Members of the media planning to be onsite are encouraged to pre-register online.
Press badges will be available for pick up at Registration. Registrants must pick up their own badges. Those who have not pre-registered online may register in person at the newsrooms onsite.
For Remote News Media
Members of the media who are employed by accredited news organizations and are planning to develop editorial news coverage of the Annual Meeting & OTO Experience off-site should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the AAO-HNSF media distribution list and cleared in advance for author interview requests. Media identification will be required.
Press Registration is NOT Extended to:
- Exhibitor personnel, including advertising, marketing or public relations representatives
- Organizations producing continuing education resources
Guidelines for Press
- All press must agree to honor and observe the Annual Meeting embargo policy.
- Press registrants may attend Miniseminars, Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations as observers, not participants. Interaction with presenters and/or other attendees is permitted before and after the session. Press registrants may not attend Instruction Courses, which are ticketed hands-on learning sessions for physicians.
- Press registrants are required to wear their media credentials at all times while onsite.
- With prior presenter permission, press registrants may take photos and record audio at a session.
- Camera crew members onsite to film b-roll or interviews must also obtain a press badge, and must be escorted by an Academy staff member.
- Press registrants will be permitted to photograph and/or record video of the general Exhibit Hall, but must be escorted by an Academy staff member, and must obtain prior permission from exhibiting companies before taking photos or video of (or within) individual booths.
- Press should remember that information presented at the Annual Meeting is the responsibility of the presenting authors and should not be reported as representative of the views, policies or positions of the AAO-HNS/F.
Journalists who fail to comply with these guidelines will forfeit their press access to this Annual Meeting and possibly future AAO-HNSF meetings. The Academy reserves the right to deny or terminate press privileges to credentialed media or public relations staff at any time prior to or during the meeting.