Reg-ent will become the foundation for defining quality, quality improvement, clinical and product research, and support for maintenance of certification and licensure.
Initially, Reg-ent will focus on quality reporting, and will evolve over time into much more. Our model will allow input from the otolaryngology specialty societies as we expand the registry to encompass the breadth of our specialty.
REG-ENT CURRENTLY OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
Public Quality Reporting
- Reg-ent will help participants complete reporting for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
Performance Measure Development
- Reg-ent supports measure development covering the depth and breadth of the specialties of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
Quality Improvement and Clinical Effectiveness
- Reg-ent will utilize longitudinal data to identify gaps in performance and gaps in care provided both at the individual practitioner and system levels.
REG-ENT WILL OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS IN THE FUTURE:
Demonstration of Value and Alternative Payment Models
- Reg-ent will affirm effectiveness and quality of care provided; utilize data to more effectively work with payers on quality patient care; and prepare for participation in alternative payment models.
Maintenance of Certification and Licensure
- Reg-ent has the potential to provide data to the American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOto) and state licensing boards to satisfy MOC and MOL requirements.
- Reg-ent will facilitate post-market surveillance for medical devices and drugs.