The Senior Manager reports to the Director, Research and Quality
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Minimum of five years experience in healthcare or related environment; or two to three years of experience and a related Masters Degree. Familiarity with quality measure development and stewardship, data management, statistical analysis, and fundamentals of research methodology preferred. Understanding and knowledge of the health care industry, private and academic practice environments, and physician performance and quality improvement programs required. Attention to detail and follow-through essential. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully multi-task competing priorities. Working knowledge of quality measurement, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) processes a plus. Some travel required.
- Under the oversight of the Director, Performance Measurement and Guidelines, supports the development of quality measures for otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. Works collaboratively with the Director, Regent Registry and Senior Manager, Regent Registry in this regard.
- Work with Director and Senior Director to form measure development panels; support panels in staff liaison role including identifying panel members, communicating with panels through conference call and email, setting up panel meetings, maintaining all records of measure development meetings.
- Participate in and provide information to the CMS Physician Quality Measurement Management (PQMM) calls for measures and biweekly conference calls.
- Develop, maintain, and update technical specifications for measures, documentation for data collection, measure development methodology, and reporting measures.
- Track performance measurement sets and individual measures endorsement status of existing AAO-HNS measures Maintain a database of all relevant measures for otolaryngologists. Monitor measure performance in the Regent registry.
- Responsible for managing implementation of AAO-HNSF measures in Reg-ent.
- Provides support for testing the validity and reliability of new and existing measures contained in the Reg-ent registry.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director and Director, Performance Measurement and Guidelines, and under the auspices of the Regent Executive Committee, contributes to the strategic plan for measures development and implementation ensuring a reliable stable of measures for use in the Reg-ent registry.
- In conjunction with Director, Performance Measurement and Guidelines, serve as staff liaison to the Clinical Advisory Committees and oversee measures development process with the Analyst, Quality and Performance Measurement
- Reviews and provides input on summaries, comments, and analyses of CMS quality programs (e.g.,MIPS) included in the CMS Medicare physician fee schedule proposed and final rules.
- Staff measure development panels.
- Coordinate and manage teleconferences, meetings and write minutes.
- Perform internet research and literature reviews as required.
- Take the lead, under direction of the Director, Performance Measures and Guidelines in the development and maintenance of Quality Measures Process Manual for creating the measures.
- Represent Research and Quality on cross-functional team meetings.
- Provide direct supervision to the Analyst, Quality and Performance Measurement.
- Develop correspondence, reports, and newsletter articles for the AAO-HNS/F’s website, The Bulletin, The News, and other communications regarding quality and performance measurement.
- Continually update website measures content contained on entnet.org.
- May participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
- Work collaboratively with other staff, committee leaders, and national efforts to continuously improve processes.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Posted December 2017
If interested, we encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources