The AAO-HNS is calling for nominees for the Chair of the International Advisory Board (IAB). The appointment is for a 2-year term, and presents an opportunity to build the international educational profile of the AAO-HNS. The deadline to receive nominations is Monday, March 5, 11:59PM ET.
Nominees must be international members of the AAO-HNS. Candidates must have held membership for the past 3 consecutive years, have proven leadership qualities, be familiar with the strategic direction of the Academy, and be able to dedicate the necessary time to serve. Candidates must either self-nominate or be nominated by a colleague and/or associate.
The election will be held at the AAO-HNSF 2018 Annual Meeting & OTO Experience in Atlanta, Georgia. The nominee receiving the majority of votes will be elected as the Chair and the nominee who received the second most votes will be elected as the Vice Chair.
Links to the IAB Chair Position Description, Application Form and other related materials are below.
- Position Description: AAO-HNSF Chair, International Advisory Board (IAB)
- Nominee Application Form: Must sign statement agreeing to adhere to all aspects of the AAO-HNS/F Code for Interactions with Companies
- Personal Statement: Maximum 750 words detailing credentials, experiences, achievements, and any other relevant information that demonstrates commitment to the specialty, and to include a vision statement for the IAB and Global Otolaryngology
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): (3 pages maximum)
- Minimum of 2 recommendation letters from the following sources:
* REQUIRED: From a professional associate who can speak to nominee's professional and/or scientific achievements
* REQUIRED: From a non-professional associate (cannot be a blood relative) who can attest to the nominee's personal background, character, spirit, and/or demeanor both in and out of the operating room
* IF NOMINATED BY THIRD PARTY: The nominator must submit a third letter of recommendation
- Signed statement agreeing to abide by the "no campaigning" policy. The guidelines on Elections and Campaigning can be found here.
- Completed AAO-HNS Financial and Intellectual Disclosure form (can be located at http://www.entnet.org/content/disclosure)
Deadline for submission of application packet to the AAO-HNSF Global Affairs Department is Monday, March 5, 2018. The deadline will not be extended. Please email application packets and all inquiries to Rebecca Dobbins, Senior Manager, Global Affairs, International@entnet.org and include "IAB Chair Nomination Packet" in the subject line.