Funded by the Neel family and friends, the H. Bryan Neel, III MD, PhD Distinguished Research Lecture was established in 1993 to disseminate information regarding new developments in biomedical science to the otolaryngologic community and has been a special feature of the AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO Experience.
2017 Honored Lecturer: Thomas Lee, MD
Dr. Thomas Lee joined Press Ganey as Chief Medical Officer in 2013, bringing more than three decades of experience in health care performance improvement as a practicing physician, a leader in provider organizations, researcher and health policy expert. As CMO, Dr. Lee is responsible for developing clinical and operational strategies to help providers across the nation measure and improve the patient experience, with an overarching goal of reducing the suffering of patients as they undergo care, and improving the value of that care. In addition to his role with Press Ganey, Tom continues to practice primary care at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. Tom received a BA from Harvard College and earned his MD/MSc from Cornell University-Medical College and Harvard.
- 2016: Martha J. Somerman, D.D.S., Ph.D.
- 2015: Lloyd B. Minor, MD
- 2014: Carter Van Waes, MD
- 2013: Martin A. Birchall, MD
- 2012: Allan I. Pack, MD, PhD
- 2011: James Christopher Post, MD, PhD
- 2010: Joseph P. Vacanti, MD
- 2009: Martin J. Burton, DM, FRCS
- 2008: Blake S. Wilson, BSEE and Richard T. Miyamoto, MD
- 2007: Elias A. Zerhouni, M.D.
- 2006: Robert McKinnon Califf, MD MACC
- 2005: Alfred E. Mann, PhD