The Foundation Board of Directors is seeking applicants to serve as Board Coordinator for International Affairs. The Coordinator for International Affairs oversees implementation of the high-profile, important portfolio of AAO-HNSF’s global outreach and programs and ensures alignment with the strategic plan.
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate and implement the AAO-HNSF strategic plan to promote AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO Experience attendance, products, membership, and activities to non-U.S. otolaryngologists.
- Represent the AAO-HNSF at select international meetings and coordinate AAO-HNSF participation in Joint Meetings with International Corresponding Societies.
- Serve as a liaison and advocate for non-U.S. stakeholders to the Board, members, and staff.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee of the AAO-HNSF International Advisory Board, the Foundation’s global governance body.
- Coordinate global initiatives at the Annual Meeting & OTO Experience, including the submissions review process and program development for the AAO-HNSF International Symposium.
- Supervise selection and administration of international awards and honors, e.g., Nikhil J. Bhatt, MD International Awards and the International Visiting Scholarships.
- Develop and grow relationships with global otolaryngology societies and thought leaders in other countries and territories.
- Present regular progress reports to the Foundation Board and attend Board of Directors meetings.
The appointment is for a four-year term. Candidates must be an otolaryngologist and full U.S. Fellow member of the AAO-HNS. If selected to this esteemed position by the Foundation Board, the Coordinator will shadow the current Coordinator before taking office.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter summarizing their qualifications, a curriculum vitae, and letters of recommendation to Rebecca Dobbins, AAO-HNSF Director, Global Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 pm (ET), March 1.