Reg-ent℠ MIPS 2019 Reporting
Reg-ent is the MIPS reporting tool of choice for otolaryngologists. As a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR), Reg-ent accommodates reporting for all required MIPS 2019 performance categories, including Quality, Promoting Interoperability (PI)*, and Improvement Activities (IA). Reg-ent staff at AAO-HNSF and FIGmd (the registry's technical vendor partner) will work closely with your practice through the process of Quality measures mapping and measures selection, PI and IA data entry and attestations, and ultimately the submission to CMS.
Reg-ent Important Dates
July 16th: Reg-ent Contract Deadline
MIPS: What you need to know
Participating in the Quality Payment Program: Overview for Clinicians for the 2019 Performance Year fact sheet, click here to view.
It is important to find out your eligibility status for the reporting year. You can verify this information on the CMS QPP Website, please click here to check your eligibility. Please also take time to view the CMS 2019 MIPS Participation and Eligibility Fact Sheet here!
Do you have an EHR? The Reg-ent registry wants to help your practice better prepare for integration. EHR vendors require different methods of data transfer based on where the data is stored and the method of data transfer. Both these factors impact your ramp-up time in different ways as well as the level of involvement required from your practice. For questions about your EHR integration capabilities, please visit our Reg-ent and EHR website here or feel free to contact a member of the Reg-ent Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the CMS 2019 MIPS Group Participation Guide please click here.
Reg-ent 2019 Quality Measures
To view the full list of quality measures available through the Reg-ent Registry, please click here!
CMS Key Dates:
- January 1, 2019: 2019 Performance year starts
- March 31, 2019: First snapshot for QP determinations
- June 30, 2019: Second snapshot for QP determinations
- August 31, 2019: Third snapshot for QP determinations
- October 3, 2019: Last day to begin the continuous 90-day performance period for the Improvement Activites and Promoting Interoperability performance categories.
- December 31, 2019: Performance year ends
- QPP Promoting Interoperability Hardship and Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Exception Applications deadline.
- Fourth snapshot date for full TIN APMs (Medicare Shared Savings Program) for determining which eligible clinicians are participating in a MIPS APM for purposes of the APM scoring standard
- January 1, 2020: 2020 performance year starts
- January 2, 2020: Data submission period for 2019 performance year begins
- March 31, 2020 Data submission for 2019 performance year closes
- Please note, these dates are reflective of CMS's deadlines and not Reg-ent's.
Reg-ent MIPS 2019 Promoting Interoperability (PI) Reporting
CMS has changed the name of the Advancing Care Information (ACI) category to the Promoting Interoperability (PI) category. Reg-ent participants can manually attest to PI related data and view and monitor their base score, performance score, and bonus points through the Reg-ent MIPS dashboard
To view all of the PI measures, please see below:
- Clinical Data Registry Reporting
- Electronic Case Reporting
- Measure E Prescribing
- Immunization Registry Reporting
- Provide Patients Electronic Access to Their Health Information
- Public Health Registry Reporting
- Query of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP)
- Security Risk Analysis
- Support Electronic Referral Loops by Sending Health Information
- Support Electronic Referral Loops by Receiving and Incorporating Health Information
- Syndromic Surveillance Reporting
- Verify Opioid Treatment Agreement
Please note, only practices that have an EHR that is certified to the 2014 or 2015 edition will be able to report the PI category. Paper-based practices will be unable to report PI measures. To identify your EHR edition, click here.
Additional PI Resources:
Reg-ent MIPS 2019 Improvement Activities (IA) Reporting
The Reg-ent registry contains all Improvement Activities offered by CMS for MIPS 2019 reporting and Reg-ent participants can review assigned points for each IA, make selections, review scores, and then submit to CMS through the Reg-ent MIPS dashboard.
To view the full list please click here.