We Are 125!
The Academy proudly celebrates our 125th year of existence this year. Since Hal Foster, MD called the first meeting to order in 1896, the AAO-HNS has…
Legacy of Excellence
The Legacy of Excellence, the sequel to Century of Excellence, documents the Academy’s contributions to otolaryngology-head and neck surgery and medicine over the past 25 years. This nearly 300-page publication includes:
- Milestone Moments that document the AAO-HNS/F 125-year history in a pictorial timeline.
- Five chapters that break down the past 25 years and key accomplishments through leadership and member involvement in education, research and quality, communications and publications, advocacy and health policy, patient outreach and education, technological advancements, and so much more.
- Profiles of the Executive Vice Presidents and CEOs and Past Presidents from 1997 – 2021.
- A commentary on the next 125 years in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
- Photo pages that bring the history to life with the people who compose the Academy.
- An appendix documenting 125 years in leadership and dates and locations of the Annual Meetings, and more.
A commemorative hard cover, print copy of Legacy of Excellence is available to purchase in the Academy’s online store. (log in required). It is also available via a digital flipbook version, free to the public.
Special 125th Anniversary Issue – Bulletin
This special issue of the Bulletin, which commemorates the AAO-HNS/F’s 125th anniversary in 2021, provides details of the threads that weave the otolaryngology-head and neck specialty’s rich, historic tapestry. This compilation of the Academy’s journey through time also represents the understanding that the Academy’s success lies in the commitment and passion of those who contribute greatly to the specialty through their engagement and membership. A very special thank you to all the guest authors who contributed to this significant and notable account of the Academy’s history.
Shape the Future of the Specialty Today!
125 Strong Campaign
This year the AAO-HNS/F is celebrating its 125th anniversary as a specialty organization. As we reflect on the past 125 years, we’re also looking ahead to continue shaping our future together. Ensuring the AAO-HNSF raises the funds needed to complement our existing programs is a major component of shaping the specialty’s next 125 years and beyond. The 125 Strong Campaign is a fundraising effort designed and driven by practicing otolaryngologists and will provide funds for programs for otolaryngologists locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.