The Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, Quality & Performance Measurement
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Minimum of three years experience in healthcare or related environment; or one to three years of experience and a related Masters Degree. Familiarity with quality measure specification and development, data management, statistical analysis, and fundamentals of research methodology preferred. Understanding and knowledge of the health care industry, private and academic practice environments, and physician performance and quality improvement programs required. Attention to detail and follow-through essential. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully multi-task competing priorities. Working knowledge of quality measurement, clinical practice guideline development, and health policy a plus. Candidate must be organized, able to work as a member of a team, and dedicated to technical accuracy with a strong analytical eye and attention to detail. Demonstrated excellent written communication skills. Some travel required.
- Support the development of quality measures for otolaryngology
- Support submission of measures and related documentation to CMS, for endorsement and/or consideration for inclusion in payment programs.
- Work with Senior Manager to form measure development panels; support panels in staff liaison role including identifying panel members, communicating with panels through conference call and email, setting up panel meetings, maintaining all records of measure development meetings.
- Assist with development and maintenance of measure specifications and registry data dictionary.
- Implement AAO-HNSF measures into Reg-ent registry and/or national reporting programs such as the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) as assigned.
- Provide support in conducting validity and reliability testing for new and existing measures.
- Provide programmatic, logistical, and administrative support for member participation in MIPS.
- Contribute content to comment letters and other materials addressing regulatory compliance related to quality reporting.
- In conjunction with Senior Manager, Quality & Performance Measurement, develop, specify, test, and implement performance measures for federal quality reporting programs and the Reg-ent registry.
- Monitor need for eCQMs, and e-specify measures as directed by Senior Manager.
- Participate in and provide information to the CMS Physician Quality Measurement Management (PQMM) calls for measures and biweekly conference calls.
- Review and provide input on summaries and analyses of CMS quality programs (e.g. MIPS, APMs) included in the CMS Medicare physician fee schedule proposed and final rules.
- Staff measure development panels/measure advisory committees to support ongoing measure development efforts.
- Coordinate and manage teleconferences, meetings and write minutes.
- Perform internet research and literature reviews as directed.
- Represent Research and Quality on cross-functional team meetings.
- Manage and oversee measures-related content on www.entnet.org.
- Develop correspondence, reports, and newsletter articles for the AAO-HNS/F's website, The Bulletin, The News, and other communications regarding quality and performance measurement.
- May participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
- Work collaboratively with other staff, committee leaders, and national efforts to support member quality reporting.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
- Changes in the Federal healthcare landscape may result in a shift in Academy approach to measure development priorities. Accordingly, duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Posted July 2017
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF, 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources