The AAO-HNS is calling for nominees for the Chair-Elect of the International Advisory Board (IAB). The appointment is for a 1-year term after which he/she shall become Chair of the IAB and serve a 1-year term. The position presents an opportunity to build the international educational profile of the AAO-HNS.
Nominees must be international members of the AAO-HNS/F. Candidates must have held membership for the past 3 consecutive years, have proven leadership qualities, be familiar with the strategic direction of the Academy, and be able to dedicate the necessary time to serve. Candidates must either self-nominate or be nominated by a colleague and/or associate.
The election will be held at the AAO-HNSF 2020 Annual Meeting & OTO Experience in Boston, Massachusetts. The nominee receiving the majority of votes will be elected as the Chair-Elect.
Links to the IAB Chair-Elect Position Description, Application Form and other related materials are located below.
- Position Description: AAO-HNS/F Chair and Chair-Elect, International Advisory Board (IAB)
- Nominee Application Form: Must sign statement agreeing to adhere to all aspects of the AAO-HNS/F Code for Interactions with Companies
- Personal Statement: Maximum 750 words detailing credentials, experiences, achievements, and any other relevant information that demonstrates commitment to the specialty, and to include a vision statement for the IAB and Global Otolaryngology
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): (3 pages maximum)
- Minimum of 2 recommendation letters from the following sources:
- REQUIRED: From a professional associate who can speak to nominee's professional and/or scientific achievements
- REQUIRED: From a non-professional associate (cannot be a blood relative) who can attest to the nominee's personal background, character, spirit, and/or demeanor both in and out of the operating room
- IF NOMINATED BY THIRD PARTY: The nominator must submit a third letter of recommendation
- Signed statement agreeing to abide by the "no campaigning" policy.
- Completed AAO-HNS Financial and Intellectual Disclosure form (can be located at http://www.entnet.org/content/disclosure)
Deadline for submission of application packet to the AAO-HNSF Global Affairs Department is April 1. The deadline will not be extended.
Please email application packets and all inquiries to Rebecca Dobbins, Director, Global Affairs, International@entnet.org.