- Published Guideline
- Executive Summary
- Slideset available: contact Sarah O'Connor email@example.com for more information
- Education Opportunities
- AAO-HNSF Continuing Medical Education (CME) visit www.academyu.org (Academy login required)
- None currently available
- ABOto Maintenance of Certificatoin (MOC) visit www.aboto.org (ABOto login required)
- Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) (ABOto MOC participation required)
- Child with Snoring
- Research Gaps
- Commentary (Click below to view abstracts. Member login required to view full articles.)
Clinical Practice Guideline: Polysomnography for Sleep-Disordered Breathing Prior to Tonsillectomy in Children
The guideline was published as a supplement in the July 2011 issue of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery.
The primary purpose of this guideline is to provide evidence-based recommendations for PSG prior to tonsillectomy in children aged 2 to 18 years with SDB as the primary indication for surgery. The target audience is otolaryngologists in any practice setting where a child would be evaluated.
Leadership: Peter S. Roland, MD (Chair)
Guideline Development Group: Richard M. Rosenfeld, MD, MPH; Lee J. Brooks, MD; Norman R. Friedman, MD, DABSM; Jacqueline Jones, MD; Tae W. Kim, MD; Siobhan Kuhar, MD, PhD, DABSM; Ron B. Mitchell, MD; Michael D. Seidman, MD; Stephen H. Sheldon, DO