The Grassroots Advocacy Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, Advocacy.
Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required with 1+ years prior association and/or grassroots experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of healthcare policy and the legislative process highly desirable. Must be able to coordinate advocacy communications to membership in a fast-paced environment. Professional demeanor required, with strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to convey concepts clearly. Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as possess proactive problem-solving abilities. Familiarity with computer applications, including advocacy alert software, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Assist in the development and delivery of advocacy communications to AAO-HNS members, supporting the Academy’s political, federal legislative, state legislative, and health policy advocacy campaigns.
- Maintain and promote membership involvement in AAO-HNS advocacy campaigns and programs.
- Develop and maintain grassroots databases and promote technological innovations to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Actively promote and maintain key legislative grassroots programs, including the ENT Advocacy Network and PROJECT 535 key contacts initiative.
- Maintain the practice management member inquiry database and update template responses, as needed.
- Track and develop reports on the effectiveness of AAO-HNS advocacy communications.
- Assist in the development of advocacy action alerts, talking points, and grassroots messages and ensure routine dissemination of such information to members and staff.
- Maintain the Advocacy website and facilitate timely updates.
- Coordinate and support departmental efforts for AAO-HNS Annual Meetings, leadership conferences, and AMA House of Delegates meetings.
- Draft content and coordinate submissions for the Bulletin, the AAO-HNS monthly publication; The OTONews, a weekly email communication; and The ENT Advocate, a monthly electronic newsletter.
- Coordinate and promote social media efforts of the Advocacy Business Unit.
- Represent the AAO-HNS at selected meetings and conferences, with some travel necessary.
- Serve as the Advocacy liaison to the Communications Business Unit.
- Participate on an internal team or AAO-HNS committee, through formal assignment and/or on an ad hoc basis.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Posted January 2018
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF, 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources