The Holt Leadership Award is awarded annually to the Resident or Fellow-in-Training who best exemplifies the attributes of a young leader: honesty, integrity, fairness, advocacy, and enthusiasm. The Award recognizes exemplary efforts on behalf of the Section for Residents and Fellows-in-Training of the AAO-HNS/F for the promotion of the missions and goals of the association.
Nominees are brought forward annually from the SRF. Two candidates are submitted to the AAO-HNS/F Executive Committee for their final selection. The award, a check for $500 and a plaque, is presented at the annual SRF General Assembly and the awardee is announced during the Annual Meeting Opening Ceremony.
This award was established to honor G. Richard Holt, MD, MPH, former Executive Vice President of the Academy.
- 2018: Peter M. Vila, MD
- 2017: David S. Cohen, MD
- 2016: John M. Carter, MD
- 2015: Nikhila P. Raol, MD, MPH
- 2014: Jayme R. Dowdall, MD
- 2013: Mark E. Zafereo, Jr., MD
- 2012: Jeffrey C. Liu, MD
- 2011: Vasu Divi, MD
- 2010: Lily Love, MD
- 2009: Spencer C. Payne, MD
- 2008: Jacob D. Steiger, MD
- 2007: Monica Tadros, MD
- 2006: Angela M. Powell, MD and Mark E. Boston, MD
- 2005: Adam T. Ross, MD
- 2004: Paul L. Leong, MD
- 2003: Liana Puscas, MD and Robert Puchalski, MD
- 2002: F. Christopher Holsinger, MD