The American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery Foundation (AAO-HNSF) welcomes all media who are employed by an accredited news organization* to apply for press registration to cover the AAO-HNSF 2020 Annual Meeting.
For Onsite News Media
To register, please submit press credentials, via the press registration online registration site. Acceptable credentials: business card, publication masthead, letter of assignment from an editor, or a formal press badge from an organization like the National Association of Science Writers (NASW).
Members of the media planning to be onsite are encouraged to pre-register online.
Press badges will be available for pick up at the newsroom in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Registrants must pick-up their own badges. Those who have not pre-registered online may register in person at the registration booth.
For Remote News Media
Members of the media who are employed by accredited news organizations and are planning to develop editorial news coverage of the Annual Meeting & OTO Experience off-site should contact email@example.com to be added to the AAO-HNSF media distribution list and cleared in advance for author interview requests. Media identification will be required.
Press registration at AAO-HNSF Annual Meetings & OTO Experience is extended to:
- Journalists, photo journalists, videographers, producers, and writers of the general, health, and medical press, with appropriate credentials, who are employed by accredited news organizations*.
- Journalism educators and students who are covering the meeting as part of their training in science/medical journalism, by prior arrangement.
All other’s requesting a press pass will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
*AAO-HNSF considers an accredited news organization to be one that features original editorial news coverage that has editorial freedom from advertisers and/or sponsors, and in which advertisers and/or sponsors are clearly identified as such. To be eligible, applicants must write exclusively about the AAO-HNSF 2020 Annual Meeting & OTO Experience for the news organization that has provided the letter of assignment, unless otherwise noted.
Press registration at AAO-HNSF Annual Meetings & OTO Experience is NOT extended to:
- Representatives of lobbying, special interest, or advocacy organizations
- Representatives from single-sponsored, investment, corporate, and institutional newsletters
- Administrative personnel
- Representatives from companies that post videos of scientific sessions for medical education purpose of creating continuing medical education (CME) or other commercial content (e.g., webcasts, online or printed educational modules, etc.)
- Companies or organizations producing publications, videos, and/or other electronic media intended for internal use, marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations purposes
- Exhibitors or the exhibitor’s media/PR staff: a table will be made available outside of the newsroom for vendors/exhibitors to place their press materials**
- Sales, advertising, marketing, or public relations professionals
**Unless otherwise established.
AAO-HNSF Press Guidelines and Policies
Members of the press who are non-compliant with the following guidelines will forfeit their press credentials and admittance to the 2020 Annual Meeting and possibly future AAO-HNS/F meetings:
- Information presented at the Annual Meeting is the responsibility of the presenting authors and is not intended to represent the views, policies, or positions of AAO-HNS/F. Any press representative who has been hired or invited to cover an event not listed in the Annual Meeting program should not report its proceedings as happening in association with or as having any relationship to AAO-HNS/F.
- Education programming content is embargoed until local DATE AND TIME of the individual session.
- Camera crews are prohibited from wandering unescorted through any part of the convention center and/or meeting space to obtain b-roll or to conduct interviews. All camera crews must report to the newsroom to obtain credentials prior to covering any event and must be escorted by an Academy staff member.
- Registered press may audio/videotape/photograph except when patient confidentiality might be compromised, or a presenter specifically requests that no audio/videotaping/photography by the media be permitted.
- Registered press may attend scientific sessions, including, Expert Series, International Symposia, Masters of Surgery Video Presentations, Guests Lectures, Scientific Oral Presentations, Scientific Posters, and Panel Presentations, as observers, not participants. Interaction with presenters and/or other attendees is permitted only before and after the session.
- Registered press are required to wear their press credentials at all times while on-site at the meeting.
Violation of AAO-HNSF Press Policies
AAO-HNSF reserves the right to deny or revoke press credentials and/or bar, from this and future Annual Meetings, any registered media who violate these press policies, or who misuse media privileges to engage in activities other than journalistic pursuits. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Transferring a press badge to an individual not registered as media
- Misrepresentation of role or activities to obtain press registration
- Misusing media access on behalf of publications not disclosed in the media registration request, or not writing for the credentialed outlet
- Accessing the newsroom without credentials for the purpose of providing company press releases to reporters
- Attempting to obtain advertising or subscriptions from any exhibitor or registrant
- Deliberately promoting the marketing objectives of a single company or institution
- Use of the AAO-HNS/F logo on an outlet’s website, publication, or step-and-repeat banner without explicit written permission from AAO-HNS/F
Those who have not pre-registered online may register on-site at the regsitration booth during scheduled hours. Press credentials will be required to receive a registration press badge. Each registrant must pick up his or her own press badge. Identification will be required at the time of registration. AAO-HNS/F staff reserves the right to deny press passes, as well as access to the newsroom, to non-credentialed press.