The Program Manager, Committee and Volunteer Engagement reports to the Senior Manager, Membership & Member Networks.
BA/BS preferred and/or 5+ years of experience in professional association required. Association membership experience preferred. Strong organizational skills demonstrated through the ability to balance attention to detail with big-picture perspective, prioritize multiple projects, and identify resources for projects in a dynamic environment. Strong project management skills for developing and adhering to a systematic course of action, both within a group and individually, to ensure transparency and successful project completion required.
Proactive manager able to take the initiative to recognize and respond to needs and perform responsibilities with minimal guidance from supervisor. Demonstrated self-initiative, ability to meet deadlines and successfully multi-task competing priorities. Able to effectively communicate and interact with volunteer leadership. Keen attention to detail required.
Advanced knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), working with a membership CRM database (i.e. iMIS), experienced working with digital communications and program development and implementation and with non-profit volunteer leaders preferred.
- Manages the Board of Governors and related committees
- Grows engagement with state, local, and specialty societies
- Manage the committee application and selection process
- Supports member sections and committee work groups
- Manages awards and certificate programs
Committee Appointment Process
- Assist in all aspects of the committee selection process serving as the primary contact and subject matter expert
- Works with Committee chairs on member non-payment and appointment communications
- Recommends new processes and streamlining opportunities to increase committee retention efforts
- Oversees all aspects of the process including compiling packets, tracking responses, and managing disclosures
Manages all awards and certificates
- Develops and executes plan in collaboration with Communications on marketing outreaches to improve the number of overall
- Manages an overall calendar and communicates both internally and externally key dates and deliverables
- Manages website content
Manages BOG Committee(s) and grows engagement with state, local, and specialty societies
- Proactively manages and supports the work of the BOG Committee(s)
- Develops and launches outreaches to improve engagement with state and local societies
- Launch and maintain a state society advisory committee
- Develops outreaches to specialty societies to improve engagement and communications
- Leads BOG in developing outreaches to keep state, local, and specialty societies in audit- compliance
- Manages disclosure process across the Academy
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager, Membership and Member Networks to support activities of member sections, committee work groups and tasks forces as needed
- Manages special projects as necessary
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing
Posted March 2018
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF, 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources