The Program Manager, Digital Content & Multimedia reports to the Senior Manager, Digital Content & Multimedia.
Bachelor's degree in communications, multimedia arts, or technology-related field is preferred. Ability to establish priorities and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and on deadline is required. Must have strong HTML/CSS skillset with an emphasis on mobile optimization across a variety of platforms. Requires writing and editing skills in a variety of formats—online content, reports, correspondence, and a solid customer service orientation. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to think, speak, and write clearly and effectively are required. Project management/planning skills are essential. Must be highly organized, with a sharp focus on details.
Experience working with association management software and experience in new media outreach methods are preferred. Proficiency with video editing and Adobe Creative Suite software is required. Must be results-oriented and willing to learn new skills. Self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and on cross-functional teams, and an ability to learn and master a variety of technology tools are required. Some travel may be required.
- Support and maintain the flow of online content to the website, working with the Sr. Manager, Digital Content & Multimedia, to integrate print and multimedia content and functionality.
- Manage email communications to members, scheduling and distributing bulk emails, eNewsletters, and other digital content, maintaining an overall editorial calendar of electronic communications.
- Assist in video production, editing, and archiving.
- Work collaboratively with Sr. Manager, Digital Content & Multimedia, and with IT to improve the member experience especially in accessing information and services.
- Ensure that online content, email communications, and online social media communities are supported, according to organization’s strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Digital Content & Multimedia, and IT, to develop functional specifications for online projects.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Digital Content & Multimedia, to author documentation and specifications, including Standard Operating Procedures for features and tools and prepare user guidelines to support the end users’ successful adoption of these features.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Media & Public Relations, on management of member online communities.
- Assist in facilitating online mentorship community.
- Oversee scheduling for all mass email campaigns to ensure maximum exposure.
- Support online content flow to website.
- Manage and create online content with content management system (CMS) tools as necessary.
- Assist in creation of appropriate training for staff content contributors.
- Liaison with all business units to effectively plan and support online services related to their goals and objectives.
- Assist in communications strategy to provide access to organization’s knowledge resources and content for members, the public, and staff.
- Assist in providing content approval for website content contributor edits.
- Incorporate dynamic content and segmentation into email campaigns, when possible.
- Track key performance indicators for online and email communications.
- Work with Strategic Messaging staff to make the best use of online content trends data to deliver an organized online communication strategy.
- Assist in video production and editing while helping to maintain video library.
- Work with Creative Services and Strategic Messaging staff to ensure efficient production and deployment of website graphic design elements.
- Assist in training staff in basic use and best practices of the content management system. Ensure all online elements remain up-to-date, functional, and consistent with style.
- Use CMS and related technologies, with understanding of HTML, editing tools and processes.
- Work with Sr. Manager, Digital Content & Multimedia, to improve workflow processes.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
- May participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
Posted June 2016
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF, 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources