The Senior Manager, Strategic Messaging, reports to the Director, Creative Services and Digital Communications.
Undergraduate degree in business, communications or marketing, and at least three years’ experience in strategic messaging and marketing required. Advanced degree a plus. Experience in healthcare association and event strategic messaging a plus. Proven creative and analytical skills, as well as experience developing and launching integrated campaigns needed. Excellent writing, presentation and proof reading skills required; strong oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential. Must be team-oriented, with demonstrated supervisory, project management, and client/liaison skills. Ability to handle multiple projects required; experience in web-based marketing a plus. Some travel required.
- Work with the Director, Creative Services and Digital Communications, to create strategic messaging, develop and execute prioritized campaigns, track and analyze results.
- Develop Business Unit-specific messaging strategy in collaboration with individual business units, incorporating overall AAO-HNS/F strategic messaging plan into specific departmental goals.
- Develop and execute, in coordination with Meetings Department, support and promotion of the AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO EXPO℠.
- Supervise Program Manager, Communications.
- Manage analytical data for all AAO-HNS/F messaging vehicles, including web, email, social media and print—looking for trends and monitoring and adjusting as needed for maximum effectiveness.
- Responsible for developing strategic messaging plan, in collaboration with Member Engagement Unit, for member recruitment and retention.
- Develop effective messaging for key segments, to increase participation and sales of programs/meetings, purchased products/services.
- Manage strategy with all business units to develop additional program/product-specific marketing plans and evaluate effectiveness of key marketing activity.
- Monitor the annual editorial plan to ensure message consistency and recommend opportunities for cross-promotion.
- Work with the Communications team to articulate, promote, support, and ensure continuity of the AAO-HNS/F brand.
- Provide backup for Senior Manager, Media and Public Relations, when not available.
- Meet, as needed, with business unit leaders/liaisons to develop marketing plans in conjunction with overall AAO-HNS/F messaging strategy.
- Conduct follow-up meetings with Business Units to monitor marketing strategies’ success and make necessary adjustments and develop tactical plans as needed that support the overarching AAO-HNS/F strategic plan.
- Provide leadership and direction to Program Manager, Communications; including hiring, training, coaching, performance management and professional development.
- Chair AAO-HNS/F Messaging Strategies Team, and coordinate development of and updates to Academy/Foundation slides for leadership presentations.
- Serve as the messaging resource for the Voice of the Member biannual survey, incorporating the member satisfaction data into membership messaging strategies.
- Ensure consistency of messaging and branding across promotional efforts.
- Oversee the organization’s ongoing analytical research data collection for all messaging vehicles, working with liaisons from each business unit to monitor and maximize effectiveness.
- Write, edit, and support strong promotional copy and targeted marketing messages for segments of messaging campaigns. Identify cross-promotional opportunities.
- Work with third-party product vendors for purposes of promotional efforts.
- Develop and execute cobranded marketing strategies, in collaboration with Industry Relations, for AAO-HNSF’s corporate partners.
- May participate on other internal teams, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
- Support and enhance Opening Ceremony planning and execution.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
Posted August 2016
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF, 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources