YPS Model Mentor Award
Having good a mentor is important to every phase of a physician's career, but perhaps never more critical than in the earliest years out of training. Recognizing the key role that expert mentorship plays in a young physician's success, the YPS has created the Model Mentor Award.
Any YPS member may nominate one of their mentors for this award by submitting a narrative vignette that illustrate an effective and nurturing mentorship by this physician. Application dates for 2021 will be announced later this year.
- The nominees must be AAO-HNS members in good standing.
- The nomination packet requires full contact information for both the nominee and the nominating YPS member, as well as a nominating paragraph of up to 325 words.
- The YPS Governing Council will select the Model Mentor Award winners to be recognized during the YPS General Assembly at the AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO Experience and will consider the winning vignettes for submission to Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery.
- Please email your nomination to email@example.com
Recipients of the YPS Model Mentor Award include:
- Lawrence M. Simon, MD (2020)
- Samantha Anne, MD
- Stacey L. Ishman, MD, MPH
- Giancarlo F. Zuliani, MD
- James D. Sidman, MD
- J. Regan Thomas, MD, FACS
- Bill Lydiatt, MD, FACS, EMBA
- Ellis M. Arjmand, MD, PhD, MMM
We thank you for your contribution to the future of the specialty.