YPS Model Mentor Award
Having good a mentor is important to every phase of a physician's career, but perhaps never more critical than in the earliest years out of training. Recognizing the key role that expert mentorship plays in a young physician's success, the YPS has created the Model Mentor Award.
Any YPS member may nominate one of their mentors by submitting a narrative vignette that illustrates effective and nurturing mentorship by this physician. Application dates will be announced in the Spring and awarded at the YPS General Assembly at the Annual Academy Meeting.
- The nominees must be AAO-HNS members in good standing.
- The nomination packet requires full contact information for both the nominee and the nominating YPS member, as well as a nominating paragraph of up to 325 words.
*Winning Vignettes presented at the YPS General Assembly during the AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO Experience will be considered for publication in the Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery Journal.
Past recipients of the YPS Model Mentor Award include:
- Lawrence M. Simon, MD (2020)
- Samantha Anne, MD
- Stacey L. Ishman, MD, MPH
- Giancarlo F. Zuliani, MD
- James D. Sidman, MD
- J. Regan Thomas, MD, FACS
- Bill Lydiatt, MD, FACS, EMBA
- Ellis M. Arjmand, MD, PhD, MMM