The American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery and its Foundation (AAO-HNS/F) are implementing a policy that will require full COVID-19 vaccination of all participants of the 2021 Annual Meeting & OTO Experience in order to provide the highest level of safety in Los Angeles, California. As part of the entry requirements for the Annual Meeting, all participants must provide proof of vaccination to enter. PCR negative tests will not be accepted.
SIGNING UP FOR CLEAR
For the most efficient experience possible, all participants should sign up for CLEAR and complete the COVID-19 proof of vaccination process before arriving through the following steps:
1. Download the CLEAR app and tap the white Health Pass tile
2. Select ‘Have a code’ and enter the code OTOMTG21.
3. Easily enroll or verify your identity with a quick selfie.
4. Follow the prompts to select your screening type. Complete your proof of vaccination through the CDC card upload.
- When prompted to add your vaccination, select ‘add your vaccination card’ to upload a photo of your CDC vaccine card.
- Take a photo of your vaccination card and confirm your vaccine information.
- Please note, the photo of your CDC card is used to generate a green or red Health Pass. You will not be able to access it again after it is taken.
- Produce your Health Pass. A green Health Pass is good to go!
5. Before you arrive, reopen the Health Pass tile to access your Health Pass. Be ready to show your Health Pass upon arrival at the Los Angeles Convention Center when you collect your registration bag and conference materials.
Please watch this short video to see a CLEAR demo. If you have any questions about enrolling in CLEAR, please reach out to [email protected] or tap “Get in Touch” in the app for assistance.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN LOS ANGELES
Your vaccination status will be verified prior to entering the convention center. Outside of the convention center, you will open the CLEAR Health Pass app and show your green vaccination status to staff. You will receive a sticker for your badge indicating that your vaccination has been verified. Each time you enter the convention center, you will show your sticker to prove your vaccination status has been verified onsite. In addition to proof of vaccination, masks will be required to be worn at all times, except while actively eating or drinking.
Individuals traveling from outside the U.S. and individuals who opt not to utilize the CLEAR app will be required to show their vaccination card at the check-in points located at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
WHAT IF I AM NOT VACCINATED OR CANNOT RECEIVE THE VACCINE?
Unfortunately, if you cannot comply with our vaccine policy, you will not be able to attend the in-person, live Annual Meeting. However, this will not preclude you from registering for the virtual meeting experience with more than 300 education sessions.
U.S. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Advance planning by the traveler is essential to receive a visa in time for their visit to the United States. General information about obtaining a visa can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.
- Current restrictions on travel into the United States are still in place. Please contact your local Consulate for information on a special exception visa or refer to the U.S. Department of State.
- There are several steps to apply for a visa. The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. It is best to check out your Embassy’s website before you begin the process. Be aware that there is a non-refundable visa application fee.
- A step-by-step visa application process can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.
- For the countries in the Visa Waiver Program, citizens meeting the visa waiver criteria will not need a visa, but they must have a machine-readable passport and meet all visa waiver requirements.
- Remember, plan early, do your research, and be prepared. Understanding the process before you apply will help guarantee your success. For more detailed information about U.S. visas, visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html.