The American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery and its Foundation (AAO-HNS/F) are implementing a policy that will require full COVID-19 vaccination of all participants of the 2021 Annual Meeting & OTO Experience in order to provide the highest level of safety in Los Angeles, California. As part of the entry requirements for the Annual Meeting, all participants must provide proof of vaccination to enter. PCR negative tests will not be accepted. Please plan to bring your vaccination card or a photo of your vaccination card with you to Los Angeles.
The AAO-HNS/F 2021 Annual Meeting & OTO Experience offers two ways to participate: in-person and on-demand/virtual. Here is some helpful information for international visitors traveling to and from the United States.
Letters of Invitation
If you require a letter of invitation for visa purposes, you must:
- Register and submit payment for the Annual Meeting.
- We recommend that you start the visa process at least 2 months in advance as it can be time consuming. (If you have not registered but require a letter of invitation, please email the AAO-HNS/F.)
U.S. Travel Requirements
For current information on USA border and customs requirements, visit the following:
- Advance planning by the traveler is essential to receive a visa in time for their visit to the United States. General information about obtaining a visa can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.
- Current restrictions on travel into the United States are still in place. Please contact your local Consulate for information on a special exception visa or refer to the US Department of State. For complete information please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- There are several steps to apply for a visa. The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. It is best to check out your Embassy’s website before you begin the process. Be aware that there is a non-refundable visa application fee.
- A step-by-step visa application process can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.
- For the countries in the Visa Waiver Program, citizens meeting the visa waiver criteria will not need a visa, but they must have a machine-readable passport and meet all visa waiver requirements.
- Remember, plan early, do your research and be prepared. Understanding the process before you apply will help guarantee your success. For more detailed information about U.S. visas, visit https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html.
What to Expect in Los Angeles
Your vaccination status will be verified prior to entering the convention center. Outside of the convention center, you will show your vaccination card or a photo of your vaccination card. You will receive a sticker for your badge indicating that your vaccination has been verified. Each time you enter the convention center, you will show your sticker to prove your vaccination status has been verified onsite. In addition to proof of vaccination, masks will be required to be worn at all times, except while actively eating or drinking.
What if I Am Not Vaccinated or Cannot Receive the Vaccine?
Unfortunately, if you cannot comply with our vaccine policy, you will not be able to attend the in-person, live Annual Meeting, however this will not preclude you from registering for the virtual meeting experience with more than 300 education sessions.
Most banks are also able to exchange currencies.
Currency Exchange Converter