The AAO-HNS/F Leadership Forum & BOG Spring Meeting provides a forum for leadership discussions and practice management tools for physicians caring for otolaryngologic patients. Physician attendees will learn about a variety of timely topics and how these affect their practice of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. This program includes didactic and interactive sessions led by their peers and subject matter experts.
By attending the AAO-HNS/F 2023 Leadership Forum attendees will be able to:
- Hear what the 118th Congress is working on and potential legislation impacting healthcare.
- Identify the critical issues facing the practice of otolaryngology and how physicians can properly monitor the legislative process and identify appropriate advocacy opportunities.
- Discuss the priorities for the American Medical Association’s Recovery Plan for America’s Physicians, which include fixing prior authorization, reforming Medicare payment, fighting continued scope-of-practice expansions, supporting telehealth, and strategies for reducing physician burnout.
- Apply strategies for successful payer contract negotiations including how insurers evaluate practices, how to leverage strengths, negotiate more effectively, and how insurance companies approach practices in all regions of the US.
- Evaluate your worth as a practicing otolaryngologist and get advice on how to negotiate a fair compensation.
The Leadership Forum is designed for otolaryngology–head and neck surgery residents, young physicians, and physician members.
This meeting has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. AAO-HNSF is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AAO-HNSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation. Credit will be awarded to physicians when documented by the submission of the evaluation in www.OTOLogic.org.
Claiming CME/MOC Credit
To claim CME/MOC credit, please follow the instructions below. Attendees will be pre-enrolled into the activity and have access to the evaluation on April 29.
- Step 1: Proceed to www.OTOLogic.org
- Step 2: Click “LOG IN HERE” and enter your AAO-HNS ID number and password; if you forgotten it, there are prompts to retrieve it.
- Step 3: Click on “My Transcript” in the dark gray, left-hand navigation panel
- Step 4: Click on the “In Progress” tab instead of the default “Complete” tab
- Step 5: Click “Launch” under 2023 Spring Leadership Forum to complete the evaluation and claim your CME credit
- Final step: Once the evaluation has been completed, click “My Transcript’ in the left-hand navigation panel to access your transcript