American College of Surgeons: Local Resumption of Elective Surgery Guidance [April 17]
This morning, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) released a comprehensive document to help surgeons, hospitals, and ASCs transition back to providing non-emergent surgical care for our citizens. This extremely well-written document addresses all phases of surgical care and provides a platform for individual specialties to prioritize the menu of surgery in their own area of expertise. The Academy is in the process of working within our committee structure and with our subspecialty societies to create specific guidance in this area for otolaryngologists as the situation normalizes. Local Resumption of Elective Surgery Guidance [April 17]
- [FSMB] Federation of State Medical Boards States Modifying Licensure Requirements / Renewals for Physicians in Response to CCOVID-19 [April 8]
- [FSMB] States Expediting Licensure for Inactive/Retired Licensees in Response to COVID-19 [April 8]
- [ACS] American College of Surgeons Bulletin: ACS COVID-19 Update – April 3
- [ABOHNS] Annoucement of Temporary Changes to Policies Due to COVID-19 Pandemic [April 1]
- [IPOG] International Pediatric Otolaryngology Group COVID-19 Survey Report [April 1]
- [ACS] American College of Surgeons Bulletin: ACS COVID-19 Update – March 31
- [ACS] American College of Surgeons Bulletin: ACS COVID-19 Update—March 27
- [ABOHNS] The American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery announced that it has postponed the Traditional MOC Exam, which was scheduled for May 6, 2020.
- [AAAHC] Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care Shares Infection Prevention Guidance: In Response to COVID-19, AAAHC Recommends Heightened Attention to Standards, Directing Health Care Facilities to Identify, Isolate and Inform [March 26]
- [ABOHNS] American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery letter to diplomates in CertLink™ program [March 23]
- [ACS] American College of Surgeons Bulletin: ACS COVID-19 Update—March 24
- [ASPO] Letter from the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology President Anna Messner, MD (March 23): A few current key COVID-19 issues in pediatric otolaryngology from ASPO.