The Centralized Otolaryngology Research Efforts (CORE) grants program is a collaboration of several societies, foundations, and industry supporters focused on providing support for research in the field of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
ABOUT THE CORE GRANT PROGRAM
Since 1985, CORE has played a vital role by awarding more than 600 grants and more than $13 million for research projects, research training, and career development to further the specialty of otolaryngology. These grants, ranging in award size from $5,000 to $150,000, have been essential for increasing the research base for otolaryngology.
The CORE program brings greater scale and less fragmentation and overlap to otolaryngology-head and neck surgery research opportunities, reduces the aggregate costs of the individual grant programs, and enables a comprehensive overview of the spectrum of promising otolaryngology and head and neck surgery research/researchers to promote to NIH and other agencies.
CORE PROGRAM PARTNERS
The CORE grants program is a collaboration between the AAO-HNSF, specialty societies and industry sponsors to provide a uniform centralized research grant application, review, and administration process. The 2022 CORE program partners are:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNSF)
- American Head and Neck Society (AHNS)
- Association of Migraine Disorders (AMD)
- American Neurotology Society (ANS)
- American Rhinologic Society (ARS)
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology (ASPO)
2022 CORE PROGRAM GRANT CYCLE
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline -December 17, 2021 11:59pm EST
- Full grant application submission deadline – EXTENDED to January 21, 2022 11:59pm EST
- Review of grant applications – January – April 2022
- CORE Study Section – VIRTUAL – March 19, 2022
- Review by governing bodies – May 2022
- Award announcements made by granting society – June 2022
Please allow enough time to submit the full application in case of website malfunction, internet outage, or other issues. Late submission will not be accepted.
If you have additional questions, please email [email protected] for assistance.