September 12, 2023
On September 11, the AAO-HNS submitted a comment letter to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on the calendar year (CY) 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) and Quality Payment Program (QPP) proposed rule. The Academy’s comments focused on the following issues most significantly impacting the specialty:
- Decrease in the conversion factor;
- Changes to E/M services – including the G2211 add-on code;
- Rebasing the Medicare Economic Index;
- Valuation of codes affecting otolaryngology;
- Telehealth services; and
- QPP updates – including the Foundation’s “Quality Care for the Treatment of Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders” MIPS Value Pathway.
The Academy anticipates the final rule to be released in November. Academy staff will provide an analysis of CMS’ response to our comments and final policies for CY 2024 shortly after the rule’s release.