High Priority: Yes; Outcome
NQF Number: N/A
Percentage of neurotology patients whose most recent Quality of Life scores were maintained or improved during the measurement period.
Patients aged 18 years and older with neurotology specific diagnosis seen at least two times during the measurement period.
- A88.1 Epidemic vertigo
- D33.3 Benign neoplasm of cranial nerves
- G43.109 Migraine with aura, not intractable, without status migrainous
- G43.819 Other migraine, intractable, without status migrainous
- H81.0 Meniere’s disease
- H81.1 Benign paroxysmal vertigo
- H81.2 Vestibular neuronitis
- H81.20 Vestibular neuronitis, unspecified ear
- H81.21 Vestibular neuronitis, right ear
- H81.22 Vestibular neuronitis, left ear
- H81.3 Other peripheral vertigo
- H81.4 Vertigo of central origin
- H81.8 Other disorders of vestibular function
- H81.8X1 Other disorders of vestibular function, right ear
- H81.8X2 Other disorders of vestibular function, left ear
- H81.8X9 Other disorders of vestibular function, unspecified ear
- H81.9 Unspecified disorder of vestibular function
- H81.90 Unspecified disorder of vestibular function, unspecified ear
- H81.91 Unspecified disorder of vestibular function, right ear
- H81.92 Unspecified disorder of vestibular function, left ear
- H82 Vertiginous syndromes in diseases classified elsewhere
- H83.2X1 Labyrinthine dysfunction, right ear
- H83.2X2 Labyrinthine dysfunction, left ear
- H83.2X9 Labyrinthine dysfunction, unspecified ear
- H83.90 Unspecified disease of inner ear, unspecified ear
- H83.91 Unspecified disease of right inner ear
- H83.92 Unspecified disease of left inner ear
- I69.398 Other sequelae of cerebral infarction
- I69.998 Other sequelae following unspecified cerebrovascular disease
- R42 Dizziness and giddiness
Patients who are unable or decline to complete screening tool.
Patients with age appropriate quality of life assessment whose most recent scores were maintained or improved on the same age appropriate quality of life assessment administered twice during the measurement period.
- Measure Type: Patient Reported Outcome (PRO)
- National Quality Strategy (NQS) domain: Effective Clinical Care
- Meaningful Measure Area: Functional Outcomes
- Care Setting(s): Ambulatory Care: Clinician Office/Clinic
- Includes Telehealth: Yes
- Calculation: 1st Performance Rate
- Inverse measure: No
- Continuous measure: No
- Proportional measure: Yes
- Ratio measure: No
- Risk Adjusted measure: No
© 2021 American Academy of Neurology and American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation. All Rights Reserved.
Limited proprietary coding is contained in the Measure specifications for convenience. Users of the proprietary code sets should obtain all necessary licenses from the owners of these code sets.
The Measures, while copyrighted, can be reproduced and distributed, without modification, for noncommercial purposes, e.g. use by health care providers in connection with their practices. Commercial use is defined as the sale, license, or distribution of the Measures for commercial gain, or incorporation of the Measures into a product or service that is sold, licensed or distributed for commercial gain. Commercial uses of the Measures require a license agreement between the user, the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation (AAO-HNSF).
The Measures are not clinical guidelines, do not establish a standard of medical care, and have not been tested for all potential applications. THE MEASURES AND SPECIFICATIONS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Neither the AAO-HNSF nor its members shall be responsible for any use of the Measures. The AAO-HNSF and its members disclaim all liability for use or accuracy of any Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) or other coding contained in the specifications.