High Priority: Yes; Outcome
Percentage of patients aged 6 months and older with a diagnosis of otitis media with effusion who are seen 2 to 8 weeks after tympanostomy tube surgery and otitis media with effusion is resolved.
Patients aged 6 months and older with a diagnosis of otitis media with effusion who are seen 2 to 8 weeks after tympanostomy tube surgery.
Stratified by age:
Criteria 1: Patients 6 months – 12 years of age
Criteria 2: Patients 13 years and older
Criteria 3: All patients 6 months and older
Patients with resolution of Otitis Media with Effusion.
- Measure Type: Outcome
- National Quality Strategy (NQS) domain: Effective Clinical Care
- Meaningful Measure Area: Patient-Focused Episode of Care
- Calculation: 1st Performance Rate
- Inverse measure: No
- Continuous measure: No
- Proportional measure: Yes
- Ratio measure: No
- Risk Adjusted measure: No