One key feature of planned giving is the ability to provide benefits to you as well as AAO-HNS foundation, as part of a sound overall financial plan. Planned giving provides you with a way to make a significant charitable gift and create a permanent legacy and ensure the future of the specialty for generations to come.
Planned-giving arrangements can:
- Reduce your taxable estate without any immediate expenditure. You can include bequest intentions in a will or a living trust or make AAO-HNS foundation a beneficiary of a life-insurance policy or a retirement-fund account.
- Provide you with an immediate income tax deduction as well as a lifetime stream of income at attractive rates. Such planned-giving options include charitable gift annuities, deferred gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
There are many ways to make a planned gift in support of AAO-HNS foundation, that can be either immediate gifts or long term gifts such as:
- Immediate Gifts:
- Appreciated stock
- Charitable trusts
- Real estate, including a residence, vacation home, or investment property
- A paid-up life insurance policy
- A tax-free transfer from an IRA
- Planned Gifts:
- Bequest to AAO-HNS Foundation through a will or living trust
- Life income gifts, such as charitable gift annuities and charitable trusts
- Naming AAO-HNS Foundation as the owner/beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- IRA as a charitable bequest
For more information, please contact:
AAO-HNS foundation Development Staff
Email: [email protected]