- A Day in the Life of a Private Practitioner
- A Day in the Life of an Academic Otolaryngologist Practitioner
- Applying for Fellowships: Advice from a Current Fellow-in-Training
- Commonly Asked Interview Questions
- ENT Practice: The Patient Team and the Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck Surgeon Role
- Fatherhood and Otolaryngology
- Fellowship Applications: Navigating the Process
- Fellowships: Are They the Right Career Path for You
- How Do I Know if I am Competitive for ENT Residency?A Program Director’s Point of View
- How Do I Match in Otolaryngology?
- Interviews: Dos and Don’ts
- Interview Tips
- What Happens if I Don’t Match?
- What to Expect as a PGY1 Resident
- Women in Otolaryngology: A Female Perspective on the Journey
Medical Student Resources
You’re in medical school, but what’s next? The AAO-HNS offers resources to help guide medical students who are interested in exploring a career in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. Read the articles below to learn more about the match process, life as a resident, the path to becoming a fellow-in-training, and firsthand knowledge about practicing otolaryngology. The Academy also offers surgical videos and learning modules to provide an in-depth look at real procedures from expert surgeons.
Browse the links below to learn more about surgical procedures commonly performed by otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeons.
- Bilateral Cleft Repair
- Cervical Esophageal Foreign Body Removal
- Myringotomy with Tympanoplasty Tube Insertion
- Right Stapedotomy
- Olfactory Disorders
- Ethmoid Sinus Surgical Procedures
- CSF Leak Repair
- Orbital / Optic Nerve Decompression
- Tranoral Laser Surgery (AHNS)
- Supraglottic Partial Laryngectomy (AHNS)
- National Myringotomy and Tube Insertion Simulation Training Project – SimTube
- 2020 AAO-HNS Virtual Student Forum
Copyright ©2021 American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation
- Allergy Testing
- Olfactory Disorders
- Ossiculoplasty Module
- Physiology of Voice, Breathing, and Swallow
- Principles of Neck Dissection
- Skin Resurfacing
- Tumor Biology and Immunology of Head and Neck Cancer
- Zenker’s Diverticulum
Copyright ©2019 American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation
Medical Student Travel Grants to Attend the 2020 AAO-HNS/F Annual Meeting & OTO Experience Have Been Cancelled
Due to the cancellation of the 2020 AAO-HNS/F Annual Meeting & OTO Experience in Boston, the Academy will be unable to provide 2020 Medical Student Travel Grants.
Medical Student Travel Grant applications to attend the 2021 AAO-HNS/F Annual Meeting & OTO Experience in Los Angeles, CA will be accepted in Spring 2021.
Questions about Medical Student Travel Grants? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity Endowment URM Away Rotation Grant - 2022 School Year Applicants
The American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Diversity and Inclusion Committee would like to introduce medical students from under-represented minorities (URM) to the field of otolaryngology. Applicants must be scheduled to graduate at the end of the 2022 school year. Two grant recipients will be selected; each will receive $1,000 to use towards travel, housing and food expenses during the away rotation.
Recipients are required to participate in weekly meetings with a selected mentor, submit a letter from the program representative verifying proof of participation in an away rotation, and submit a 350-word article to the Academy at the conclusion of the rotation. The application process for the 2022 school year will open on February 15, 2021. Please visit this page then to submit your application.