The Young Physician Section strives to be the professional home for Academy members who are under 40 years of age or within the first eight years of professional practice after residency and fellowship training; foster a community and a sense of belonging; allow for an on-going dialog among young physicians and with the Academy; and provide opportunity for an increased number of young physicians to engage in leadership and committee roles on unique young physician relevant issues. For all YPS-related inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the 2020 Governing Council, elected by their peers on the AAO-HNS 2019 Annual Meeting & OTO Experience.
Current YPS Position Appointments:
- David S. Cohen, MD. Southern California Permanente Group
- Nausheen Jamal, MD. University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
- Sarah Bowe, MD. San Antonio Military Health System, USAF
- Yin-Chun Carol Liu, MD, FACS. College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital
- John Paul Giliberto, MD. University of Washington Medical Center
- Sara Burgin, MD. Indiana University School of Medicine
Immediate Past Chair:
- Cristina Baldassari, MD. Eastern Virginia Medical School
2019/2020 YPS Delegates:
Board of Governors (BOG) Alternate Governors:
- Sarah J. Burgin, MD
- Valerie Fritsch, MD. South Carolina ENT
American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOto) Liaison:
- Gregory R. Dion, MD, Brooke Army Medical Center, TX
American Medical Association (AMA) Young Physicians Section (YPS) Delegate:
- Nikhila Raol, MD, MPH. Emory University
ENT PAC Delegate:
- Jonathon Mark, MD. Eastern Virginia Medical School
Are you ready to make a difference?
Each year, the YPS seeks candidates to apply for officer on the YPS Governing Council and as Appointed Delegates. Dates for 2020 elections will be announced in early Spring.
Learn more about YPS positions and work groups here.