The Young Physician Section strives to be the professional home for Academy members who are under 40 years of age or within the first eight years of professional practice after residency and fellowship training; foster a community and a sense of belonging; allow for an on-going dialog among young physicians and with the Academy; and provide opportunity for an increased number of young physicians to engage in leadership and committee roles on unique young physician relevant issues. For all YPS-related inquiries: email@example.com
The Section is governed by the Governing Council members and a group of appointed officers:
YPS Governing Council
- Christina Baldassari, MD. Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- David S. Cohen, MD. Southern California Permanente Group.
- Yin-Chun Carol Liu, MD, FACS. College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital.
- Nausheen Jamal, MD. University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine.
- Nihkila Raol, MD, MPH. Emory University School of Medicine/Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Tjoson Tjoa, MD. University of California at Irvine.
Immediate Past Chair:
- Daniel C. Chelius Jr, MD. Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital
Are you ready to make a difference?
Each year, the YPS seeks candidates to apply for officer on the YPS Governing Council. Check this page for deadlines and news about the 2019 cycle and join us at the 2019 Annual Meeting and OTO Experience in New Orleans, LA from September 15 to 18, 2019.