Call for Science
Applications will be accepted from July 19, 2021 to March 1, 2022
- Members and non-members of the Pan American Association of Oto-Rhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery and American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Foundation are eligible to submit.
- Original basic science and clinical work related to the broad area of otolaryngology ailments and diseases may be submitted.
- Scientific abstracts should be the following:
- timely, contain innovative information and present findings on scientific research, surgical procedures, and practices.
- If a proposal is accepted, all speakers are required to do the following:
- Agree to present at the XXXVII Pan American Congress in Orlando, FL.
- Provide permission to record your presentation.
- Register for the Pan American Congress and pay all applicable fees.
- Please note: The program committee reserves the right to change any component of an accepted proposal. Submissions must be completed online by the deadline.
- EXPERT LECTURES are presentations led by experts on current diagnostic or therapeutic approaches and practice management topics. They include a maximum of two speakers, with the lead presenter counting as one. Presentation length should not exceed 15-minutes each. It is required that ALL presenters be well recognized, with a minimum of five years out of residency/fellowship training..
- PANEL PRESENTATIONS are discussions led by a panel of experts, involving interactive, in-depth, state-of-the-art presentations. They include a maximum of four presenters, in addition to one moderator. Presenters should be well recognized experts with extensive knowledge of the topic being presented. Presentation length should not exceed 60-minutes..
- SCIENTIFIC ORAL PRESENTATIONS are short oral presentations focusing on current evidence-based research, surgical procedures, and approaches in clinical sciences and their application to patient care..
- SCIENTIFIC POSTERS are visual displays detailing the latest advancements in otolaryngology research that allow the viewers the opportunity to appraise and assimilate scientific evidence for improved patient care practices..
Submission Review Process: After the submission deadline, all completed abstracts and proposals will be reviewed by the XXXVII Pan American ORL Congress Program Committee.
Submission Status Notifications: The Pan American Congress Program Committee will notify all submitters by March 15, 2022 of the status of their submissions upon the final review and decision of the Program Committee.