On October 5, the AAO-HNS submitted a comment letter to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on the CY 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule and Quality Payment Program proposed rule. The Academy’s comments focused on:
- Changes to the conversion factor;
- Changes to the RUC recommended times for E/M visits;
- Changes to services analogous to E/M visits;
- Valuation of codes affecting otolaryngology;
- Scope and equipment pricing;
- Telehealth services;
- Scope of practice;
- Updates to EHR technology; and
- Quality Payment Program (QPP).
The Academy expects the final rule to be released around December 1 with an effective date of January 1, 2021.