High Priority: No
Percentage of patients with a diagnosis of oral cavity cancer seen in the practice setting who have a TNM cancer stage documented in the medical record within one month of the first office visit AND who receive treatment if identified with a primary tumor depth > 4 mm.
1. Patients aged 18 and older diagnosed with early oral cavity cancer.
2. Patients 18 years or older diagnosed with clinical node negative (clinical state T1N0M0 or T2N0M0) oral cavity cancer with the depth of the primary tumor > 4mm documented in the medical record within one month of the first office visit.
Exclude patients who expire prior to treatment.
Medical reasons for not performing surgical treatment or patient refusal of treatment.
1. Patients for which cancer stage at the diagnosis is documented in the medical record within 31 days of the first office visit.
2. Patients who receive any of the following surgical treatment of the primary tumor: Sentinel lymph node biopsy, elective neck dissection, definitive radiation.
- Measure Type: Process
- National Quality Strategy (NQS) domain: Effective Clinical Care
- Meaningful Measure Area: Appropriate Use of Healthcare
- Calculation: Weighted Average
- Inverse Measure: No
- Continuous Measure: No
- Proportional Measure: Yes
- Ratio Measure: No
- Risk Adjusted: No