Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience with 2+ years prior association or federal governmental affairs experience required. Working knowledge of the legislative and political processes required. Knowledge of healthcare policy highly desirable. Must be able to coordinate political activities and draft member communications in a fast-paced environment. Professional demeanor required, with strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to convey concepts clearly. Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with software for database management (Vocus), spreadsheets, and word processing preferred.
- Day-to-day management of ENT PAC, the political action committee of the AAO-HNS.
- Assist the Director of ENT PAC in the development and implementation of political strategies, with supervision of related projects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Members of Congress, relevant staff, and professional fundraisers, as necessary.
- Analyze internal processes and recommend procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- Monitor and update the ENT PAC website as appropriate.
- Collect and process all ENT PAC receipts.
- Prepare and track all ENT PAC disbursements, including compliance with applicable FEC rules/regulations.
- Assist in the planning of and attend ENT PAC fundraisers and other political events, as assigned.
- Manage member fundraising efforts for ENT PAC, including: preparation of solicitation materials, member correspondence, and applicable in-person events.
- Draft and distribute ENT PAC Investors Report, via collaboration with PAC Director.
- Draft and distribute ENT PAC political eNewsletter, the ENT PAC Pulse.
- Draft ENT PAC-related submissions for the Bulletin, an AAO-HNS’ monthly publication; and other applicable publications or eNewsletters, as assigned.
- Prepare all PAC-related compliance reports for approval by the PAC Director.
- Represent the AAO-HNS at selected meetings, with some travel necessary. Evening and weekend duties may be required.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Business Unit’s programming at the AAO-HNS/F Annual Meeting and spring Leadership Forum.
- Serve as staff liaison to AAO-HNS committees, as assigned.
- Participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.