Required experience in scientific or medical meetings and registration and housing vendor management skills. Strong computer (data entry, database), verbal, and organizational skills are necessary. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; database systems including Access and Excel; Power Point; and ability to learn to use IMIS efficiently. Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. College degree or equivalent work experience preferred. Ability to maintain quality standards and meet deadlines in a fast-paced setting. Ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team environment. Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Some travel required. Certified Meeting Planner preferred.
- Manage Annual Meeting & OTO EXPOSM housing and registration. Serve as key liaison with the Academy’s Registration and Housing vendor for the Annual Meeting & OTO EXPOSM.
- Responsible for attendee marketing for Annual Meeting. Coordinate print and web Annual Meeting information (general information, registration, housing, tour information, etc.).
- Manage food and beverage, shuttle, coat check, temporary personnel, copy machine request, logistics planning for the evening events, and committee meetings held during the Annual Meeting.
- Provide all meeting specifications requirements under area of responsibility to the Senior Manager, Meeting Operations by the assigned deadlines.
- Manage future year hotel contract process for all overflow hotels and assist Senior Manager on headquarter hotel contract.
- Develop Annual Meeting mobile application.
- Organize/assist with AAO-HNSF staff communication/trainings for Annual Meeting.
- Coordinate Annual Meeting attendee marketing activities and messages with Director and Marketing department. Participate in development of marketing plan, provide information and input for print, web and electronic marketing.
- Work with Senior Manager, Meeting Operations on signage/decoration for Registration, Housing, CME areas of the Convention Center for the Annual Meeting.
- Work with assigned vendors in coordinating details for Annual Meeting, as well as other meetings (includes vendor for hotels, CVB, shuttle, travel, catering, tours, coat check, hotel, etc.).
- Assist the Program Manager, Meetings as necessary in the creation and distribution of RFP’s for all small to mid-size Academy Meetings and provide site recommendation guidance.
- Manage the VIP suite/amenities and transportation arrangements for the Annual Meeting. Coordinate VIP travel, housing, and registration with Executive Services.
- Handle member inquiries regarding registration, housing, and travel.
- Develop and distribute weekly housing and registration reports. Monitor results and suggest modifications to blocks and marketing plan to Director, Meetings & Exhibits.
- Assist with development of event specifications guide. Review vendor orders and production schedules to integrate planning. Review final billing for areas of responsibility.
- Collect shuttle rebates from hotels after each meeting.
- Maintain Annual Meeting and statistical data as it relates to the Academy’s registration and housing history.
- Develop/enhance internal and external communication strategy by developing necessary tools for staff to become educated on the Annual Meeting.
- Provide the Director, Meetings & Exhibits with weekly, quarterly, and annual reports related to all fiscal aspects of the meetings managed throughout the year.
- Monitor and manage Annual Meeting presence and other meeting pages on entnet.org on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy of links and content and update and maintain the meetings section of the Academy’s website with relevant information as well as Annual Meeting website.
- Provide staff attending the Annual Meeting with all necessary information and work with HR to determine resources as well as trainings.
- Manage hotel reward programs. Include reward point numbers in hotel contracts. Work with Senior Director and Human Resources to allocate rewards to Academy staff.
- Establish and maintain processes and systems in accordance with the Academy’s requirements and meeting industry best practices to ensure consistency, efficiency and professionalism in meeting management.Responsible for developing and recommending changes in departmental procedures to increase quality and service to members, exhibitors, and staff.
- Provide research assistance for special departmental projects as needed.
- May participate on internal teams, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.