Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Minimum of five years experience in healthcare or related environment; or two to three years of experience and a related Masters Degree. Demonstrated experience in medical editing, writing and guideline development preferred. Familiarity with data management, statistical analysis, and fundamentals of research methodology preferred. Understanding and knowledge of the health care industry, private and academic practice environments, and physician performance and quality improvement programs required. Intermediate level of MS suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with web conferencing. Knowledge of Reference Manager and Endnote desirable. One to two years of experience working with committees of physicians or other professionals. Attention to detail and follow-through essential. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully multi-task competing priorities. Some travel and evening conference calls.
• Serve as the primary staff on guideline dissemination and implementation activities. Works with guideline staff liaisons in responding to Education staff on production schedule and launching of Research & Quality modules for AcademyU platform..
• Coordinate Academy committees as needed or assigned.
• Serve as editor on all guidelines, including reference checking and copy editing journal and Bulletin articles.
• Serve as editor on other department documents as assigned.
• On a project basis may provide supervision to Research/Quality Analyst(s).
• Write Research & Quality articles; assists with vendor developed pocket guides, SOPs and other dissemination products.
• Obtain articles for panel liaisons and methodologists.
• Collaborate with communications staff to develop dissemination plan for all guidelines.
• Collaborate with consumers representatives from guideline panels to develop patient oriented dissemination materials (plain language summary, FAQs, etc.) and submit to the journal for publication, as appropriate.
• Develop minutes for all internal meetings/conference calls and selected guidelines meetings.
• Collaborate with guideline panel leadership and staff liaison to develop pocket cards with Guideline Central and manages relationship with Guideline Central.
• Responsible for the submission of all guidelines to the National Guideline Clearinghouse and Guidelines International Network Library.
• Responsible for the development and dissemination of the quarterly Guideline e-Newsletter.
• Participate in the Guideline Implementability Appraisal (GLIA) for all new and updated guidelines.
• Develop slide sets for all guidelines and promotes to appropriate stakeholders and tracking of presentations.
• Perform internet research and literature reviews as directed.
• May participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
• Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.