The Academy is continuously monitoring the public health situation related to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) to provide information and resources for you, your practice, and your patients.
COVID-19 information for patients can be found on ENThealth.org.
Updated June 2, 2020
Guidance for Return to Practice for Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
The AAO-HNS, with the collaboration of the otolaryngology specialty societies, has developed recommendations for a safe return to practice that are being presented in two parts. These will be “living documents” that will be updated on a regular basis as new information becomes available. Resources include downloadable PDFs, podcasts, and video versions of each podcast. To access all of the materials available, click HERE.
- Part One, released on May 7, contains comprehensive general considerations that are applicable to all practice settings and specialty areas of otolaryngologists’ practice.
- Part Two, released on May 15, contains specific recommendations encompassing prioritization and special circumstances related to surgical procedures for all specialty areas.
June 3 Deadline to Access HHS Provider Relief Fund Application Portal
June 3 is the deadline for eligible healthcare providers to accept receipt of payments from the Provider Relief Fund. While providers will have a total of 90 days to attest, they will only have until June 3 to access the application portal to submit their revenue or loss information. Providers must submit revenue information to the General Distribution Portal to be considered for an additional payment from the Provider Relief Fund $20 billion General Distribution. Once providers submit their revenue information, if deemed qualified for additional payment, providers will then have 90 days from receipt of payment of the additional General Distribution funds to agree to the program Terms and Conditions. Learn More.
June 2 OTO Journal Accepts New COVID-19-Related Articles and Publishes COVID-19 OnlineFirst - Read Here.
Newly accepted titles include the following:
- [PS/QI] The Patient Worn Enhanced Protection Face Shield for Flexible Endoscopy Authors: Jack B. Anon, MD; Darcy Rees, BA; Carter Denne Denne, DO
- [Commentary] High-efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filters in the Era of COVID-19: Function and Efficacy Authors: David Christopherson; William C Yao, MD; Mingming Lu, PhD; R. Vijayakumar, PhD; Ahmad R. Sedaghat, MD, PhD
- [Commentary] A Second Pandemic? Perspective on Information Overload in the COVID-19 Era Authors: Taher Valika, MD; Sarah E Maurrasse, MD; Lara Reichert, MD