Young physicians are often overlooked or not qualified enough for many of the awards available in our specialty, yet many young physicians are quite remarkable with regards to the impact they have on education, service to their community, service to their profession and humanitarian work. As the YPS, we would like to recognize these individuals for not only the work they achieve, but also for the inspiration they provide to others.
Any Academy member may nominate a Young Physician they feel makes an IMPACT and exemplifies the ideals of what all young physicians should aspire to be. Please provide a narrative vignette illustrating what sets this individual apart. Application dates will be announced in the Spring and awarded at the YPS General Assembly at the Annual Academy Meeting.
- The nominees must be AAO-HNS members in good standing.
- The nominees will qualify on the basis of excellence in one or more categories, including:
- Service to their Community
- Service to their Profession
- Humanitarian Work
- The nomination packet requires full contact information for both the nominee and the nominating YPS member, as well as a nominating paragraph of up to 325 words.
*Winning Vignettes presented at the YPS General Assembly during the AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO Experience will be considered for publication in the Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery Journal.