The Eugene N. Myers, MD Global Education Fund 2024 Application Cycle is now open. Applications and all required supporting documentation are due April 12. Please submit your application materials to [email protected].
Application Criteria and Award Requirements:
The Eugene N. Myers, MD Global Education Fund provides grant funds to access or offset costs associated with the AAO-HNSF education resources and opportunities to physicians practicing in low-income/low-resource countries, who have limited or no access to otolaryngology professional development resources.
Eugene N. Myers, MD Global Education Fund grants must be associated with an AAO-HNSF program. Examples of how the grant can be used include:
- To offset costs to travel to and attend the AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO EXPOSM
- To offset costs to participate in an observership at a U.S. institution in conjunction with an AAO-HNSF meeting/event
(If you are applying for an IVS scholarship, you do not need to complete the Myers Global Fund Application; please complete the IVS application.)
- To access the AAO-HNSF online education tools – FLEX, OTO Logic, etc.
- To offset the cost of AAO-HNS annual membership dues
Program Eligibility & Requirements
- All applicants must be practicing physicians who are employed full time in otolaryngology and are currently practicing in a low-income country. (Residents and fellows-in-training are not eligible.)
- The Eugene N. Myers, MD Global Education Fund is open to all applicants who meet the above award criteria; however, preference may be given to current AAO-HNS members and applicants who have not previously received funding.
- Applicants can apply for up to $2,000 USD annually; however, final award denominations will be decided by the Eugene N. Myers, MD Global Education Fund Award Workgroup, which is facilitated by the AAO-HNSF International Steering Committee. (No award will exceed $2,000 USD.)
- Awardees have one year to use the grant funds. Awarded grants can only be used for the approved purposes. Grant recipients who cannot complete the scope of the agreed-upon grant within the one-year period will be eligible to re-apply for future grants.
- Within 60 days of using the grant funds, grant recipients will be required to submit a report to the AAO-HNSF highlighting how they used the grant, their experience, what they learned, and how they are integrating knowledge/skills into their practice. Awardee reports may be featured in an AAO-HNS publication or on the website or used to help fundraise or promote the Eugene N. Myers, MD Global Education Fund.
- Awardees will be required to utilize and share the knowledge attained from the Eugene N. Myers, MD, Global Education Fund to improve patient care in their home country.
2024 Deadline: Applications and supporting documentation are due April 12, 2024.
Please send application and documentation to [email protected]
All applicants must provide:
- Completed application form
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae (short version of three pages or less)
- A personal statement of 500 words or fewer describing why you are applying for the grant and how the funds would be used, including a timeline of when the work will commence and end (Present a compelling reason why the grant will benefit your otolaryngology-head and neck surgery continuing medical education as well as the patients you treat in your community)
- At least one letter of recommendation from your institution’s department/division chair, hospital administrator, chief of staff, and/or a local/regional/national medical society
- Color photo (.jpg 300 DPI or higher resolution)
- If you plan to travel to the U.S. as part of grant funding, you will need to provide proof of your current visa to enter the U.S. or documentation showing visa appointment availability when you submit your application. Contact [email protected] if you have questions about this requirement.
- All supporting materials must be in English
The aforementioned items are mandatory. Applications will not be reviewed unless all requirements are submitted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Eugene N. Myers, MD Global Education Fund. Below are some frequently asked questions and answers, however, if you have more questions, please email [email protected] and we will be glad to help.